I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by 2222, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2222

    2222 New Member

    I'm 20 and I can't get a job since I'm too scared to leave the house or go anywhere alone so I live with my mum.

    My dad managed to get me a job working from home which I was really happy about and everything for a brief moment was nice. But then I had to quit my job. The company I worked for makes software for councils and wanted to make something which was very insecure and would of contained personal details of about 200,000 school children. I told him it needed to be made more secure but he refused to listen so my dad got a lawyer who he knew and she basically said do it and you will end up in jail and he still refused to listen so I had to quit to stop it. He then got someone else to do it but they also said they wouldn't do it unless it was made secure and he finally listened. Now my mum is mad at me for quitting my job.

    I have a long distance relationship. My girlfriend has decided to go out all the time now so I don't get to talk to her much anymore and I miss her a lot. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't go out and I can't get a job I'm just stuck. I want to get over it but I don't know how and I don't have anyone to help. When I was younger I stopped going to school because I couldn't do the work (I'm dyslexic) so I lost all my friends. They made me go to some hospital counciler thing but I hatred it and my mum used to say if I didn't go in school they would come can put me in the hospital and force drugs in me and it scared the hell out of me so I've never liked those sorts of people so I've tried to stay away from the,. When I was 18 my mum contacted some counciler people to help me and they said they couldn't I would need to go to some other counciler people (I don't know anything about counciler people) and they said no I needed the first people and after a while they all just vanished.

    I don't want to carry on like this anymore I can't stand it. I can't get away or do anything else. I don't know what to do. :(
  2. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    You need to call your doctor you are old enough and get into some program to help you. It is the only way to excape the lonlieness I hope you are on medication Is there a therapist that will come to your house to help you get your parents to do that You are still young enough to change please do it now don't wait years get help now phone dr and ask him to get you help.
  3. kitanai

    kitanai Well-Known Member

    sounds exactly like my life
  4. dnE ehT

    dnE ehT Well-Known Member

    Reminds me of my self. I'm only 16 so I haven't had the same experiences, but I'm afraid to leave the house to. I take classes online and spend most of my days doing nothing.

    You should try to talk to some people (even if it's over the phone). You need help learning how to deal with these kinds of things. You have to be willing to help yourself too, even if it means doing some things that are uncomfortable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.