I dont know what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hawkeye2013, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawkeye2013

Hawkeye2013 New Member

Well I heard about this place and thought I would give it a try. I have had depression on and off for the last six years. Im 20 years old and never even been on a date. Im in my sophmore year in university and I feel like life is starting to pass me by now. I find my self thinking about suicide more often now. Even when Im among friends sometimes I start to think about it. I know I cant do it just because of what it would do to my family. I love them too much. I dont know what it is that makes me feel so sad. I think its partially the fact that I think I will be spending my life alone. Im afraid to tell anyone about it as I am working towards a military career and any history of these types of thoughts can ruin that. Im also afraid that my friends will think Im nuts and not like me any more. Even if I wanted to talk to any of them about it, I would have no idea how to bring it up. Im not sure what Im asking I just want to tell someone how I feel. Sorry for making you read that.

2. jeffbuddy

jeffbuddy Member

well at least with no woman you can focus more on your grades and your career. The ladies might come easier once you got a good job maybe.

I have suicidal thoughts from time to time too- Sometimes I think "well its time to kill myself" but I never do try anything.

Its awesome your in college. Stick with it is all i can say, I dropped out now I'm a roofer haha.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Time okay i met my guy when i was 24 and we are still together focus on your school work okay but also get out into the group the outings the school has and just enjoy other company. It will happen you have so much time for relationships to happen don't worry okay. hugs

4. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

Hey Hawkeye,

Welcome to Suicide Forum, don't oppologise for posting you can post as much or as least as you want. I'm sorry your having a really difficult time. Do you really want to join the milletry? Finding someoone takes time you still have many years the time does come slowly even if you feel you feel like you will never find anyone believe me you will :hug: If your friends are going to judge you then there not real friends, I hope your ok :hug: x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.