I don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MichaelDawson, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichaelDawson

MichaelDawson New Member

Hi, so i'm coming to the end of my first year of university. i feel like i've made the wrong choice in course and slacked off alot of the year. since then i've decided to change course and i have to get at least 20% in all my modules and i'm almost sure i'm not going to make it. i've run up alot of debt and now i can't afford to buy food. i'm going home to live with my girlfriend tomorrow but i still can't afford anything. i've tried getting a job everywhere but i can't seem to do it and i feel like i'm sinking more and more and i dont know what to do.

I feel like i want to die.
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

It sounds like pressure has built up and that is a vulnerable time for most of us. One step at a time and keep working on your modules. Perhaps a part time job (delivery driver if you drive) may be easier to get.

Are you getting enough sleep, nutritious foods, water, and some sunshine? Some of these basic things can really throw us off course when we don't do them.

I hope you feel better soon.
  3. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

The only advice I have for you is to keep trying to find a job. I know it's hard but you said you need one. It's hard to balance work, class, and study at the same time. So it means that once you find a job you will have to be all the more eager to do a good job.

Other then that I really have no more advice. What ever you do, if you find yourself thinking about things like, "I fell like I want to die". Get help from a friend, girlfriend, or family. If they aren't available get help from the police.

Micheal, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  4. *kyle*

*kyle* Well-Known Member

try going someplace really quiet and far away from everything like a river or a park and step back and think about where your at in life then plan your next move, i do it once a week, works everytime.
  5. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Break the work down. Don't look at it as a whole years work. Use the task centred approach to your work. If you break it down it seems more manageable and slowly but surely you will get there.

Also, if you are experiencing mental difficulties many universities will grant you extensions or let you sit exams in August time and then continue your second year.

Good luck. xxx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.