I don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by NightRain, Jun 23, 2011.

1. NightRain

NightRain Member

My boyfriend has social anxiety&depression.
    Every so often he'll get extremely suicidal.. Every so often meaning like at least once a week.
    And today is another one of those days, and I don't know how much more I can handle. He's 18, stays at home all day gaming and such. Left school because it became to hard for him. His mother has issues too, not the happiest person to be around.. and he has 5 younger brothers who he has to look after a lot.
    Yada yada yada.

But everytime he has one of these suicidal episodes he gets worse. He's been through two New Zealand mental health places but neither helped. He's a good actor (aren't we all..) so y'know if you hardly know him he seems quite happy.
    I don't know what to do I could call psych emergency.. But I'm no good on the phone and I don't know if they'd believe me and such. I don't know what to do, but being at home just isn't do anything for him. I want to help him so badly. But I don't know how..
    I'm really scared.
    I wish he could be happy, and not give up on himself. :/

2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

You can just try your hardest to be there for him. Be available when he needs to talk. And maybe try to talk him into the leaving the house more often. that could help him. Really the best thing you can do for him is just be a solid support system. Just having somebody to lean on can help wonders. It sounds like he does have a lot going on at home so it may just be best to get him out of the house as much as he can... it'll give him that break. allow him to clear his head.

3. NightRain

NightRain Member

I wish I could go over there to be with him, or get him out the house.
    But I have no way to.
    Was talking to him on the phone.. But being cordless they ran out of battery quick. :/
    I'm so worried. >.<