I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by abysmal, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abysmal

abysmal New Member

I thought I could change or be fixed but I have exhausted just about all hope and faith in this idea. I have been a member here for awhile but never posted anything or done anything here besides read a few threads. Yes I want to die but am too scared to take my own life right now for numerous reasons mostly because I do not want to hurt my parents and other family members and because I still have a sliver of hope that I can be fixed. I'm 35 and the battle that's going on inside me is taking such a toll I feel as if I have lived many lives. I have been depressed for quite a few years now and refused any kind of help or medicine for this because I thought I was weak If I could not fix my myself on my own. The negative thinking, regrets, constant self hatred and suicidal thoughts have completely taken control of my life!. It's as if my whole purpose in life these days is to strategically break myself down to where there is no hope and the only solution is to be punished for being the waste I am. There is no more joy or satisfaction and when I'm around other people I tend to only think how I am not good enough and it's like a broken record constantly coming up with reasons why I should die by my own hands or suffer for being so fucked up. I have thought maybe instead of ending it I need to suffer like this daily because I deserve nothing less. I hate myself with such a passion it's basically my hobby now. I know I need professional help and I want it!. I have pretty good health insurance but when I tried to see a psychologist they said they would not cover that so I of course used that as a excuse that there is no hope and it is my destiny to be this thing I have become. I have some mental illness in my family, my grandpa was manic depressive, my father a alcoholic which I battle with also (have had periods of sobriety) but am a functioning one, my uncle had schizophrenia, my mother bipolar and manic and my brother bi polar and with schizoeffective disorder and borderline autism. I have read self help books, gone to church since I was raised christian and went sober for a while but the anxiety, depression, fear and emotional pain were just too much to handle which is ironic because all these things are with me even when I drink or use marijauna which I do use both on a daily basis. I know with what ever is wrong in my brain I do not need these 2 things but without them I cannot handle my brain or the general stresses of life. So here I am expressing myself in posting this thread in hope of some advice from someone like me. I thank you in advance for reading this.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...I am glad you tried to get services...maybe, there are options regarding entitlements that are available or services at a university clinic which are usually quite good...I am so sorry you are in such distress and I hope you know that you deserve to seek care and to feel better. Please PM me if I can make any suggestions. I am usually good at linking ppl to health care

3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi abysmal - and thank you for writing out your fears and your feelings and thoughts - generally it's far better to do that and reach out for peer support, rather than keep everything bottled up within you. I appreciate your feelings, because I became suicidal 15 years ago by believing **stuff** (too difficult to explain here now, but maybe later) - and because of the journey from there to here (courtesy of some mentors) I feel equipped to come alongside and to try and help you find the ladder out of this dark pit.

I certainly know what dark pits are like, and can remember mine very well. But I also have the 'truth-coaches' now, that I was lacking in the past. Because I was lacking them, I couldn't do what I'm able to do now..... so I know that, absolutely, there is hope for you Abby (is it OK if I callyou that?)

I have family connections to what the medical authorities would call mental illness too. Somehow the genetics seem to have a hold, and life and circumstances and relationships and our own minds can also make their contributions..... but, on the positive side, hope can be rekindled and restored, and from there, new perspectives and new horizons seen from within.

Please, please PM me any time at all. Bless you,

4. abysmal

abysmal New Member

Thank you Sadeyes I will

5. abysmal

abysmal New Member

Thank you urPrecious I wont hesitate and yes you can call me Abby

6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

:) problems shared are problems halved, so the old saying goes. It really does help hun :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.