I dont know what to say now, I am dumbfounded!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jacob1973, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob1973

Jacob1973 Well-Known Member

After seeing a counsilor for the first two times in my life, I am even worse now than ever before. I just want to scream. All she can tell me is that "You are a great guy, and have a lot of future to yourself, but you have to figure it out."... OK. That really helped. I told her that I had considered suicide when she asked, but I didnt tell her that I was pretty much ready to do it at any time. I dont know what to do! I hate my life, and the direction it is going. I am lonely, and have few friends too. Forget a serious girlfriend. At this rate, I will die a lonely, unhappy guy and virgin, either now or in old age. Sheesh.. AAAAAAUUURRRRRGGHHHH!!!!

2. Polar

Polar Account Closed

Hi Jacob1973,

I'm sorry to hear about what's been happening.

I know what it's like to see therapista and come out of their doors worse than you were. I certainly understand what you're saying. My best advice here is to find someone you feel comfortable with. Someone who you can relate to and who can relate to you.

The therapist is probably right though in terms of you being a great person and having a bright future ahead. That sounds very positive and most therapists consider honesty as having the utmost importance in their profession so well done on receiving such quality feedback.

I have few friends. I have no girlfriend. However, I had a really good experience today. I walked into a shop and a girl there was just outwardly kind to me. You know smiling, polite and friendly.

I don't know about you but I find the greatest thing which helps me is positive social experiences. I know it's tough but I'm sure a great guy like yourself will encounter many in your life. Just hold on they will come.

I hope it works out well for you.

Take care.

Kind regards,

Polar

3. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

Hey Jacob,
    I suppose its hard to tell after 2 appointments... but it sounds like this isn't the therapist for you. I had a therapist who said the same thing pretty much, because she just wasn't trained to handle my situation. If you want to give your therapist a little more time, go for it, but I'm guessing you're better off finding another. Trust me, there are therapists who will give you better advice than "figure it out yourself"!

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

It took me three therapists before I found Gina.. She has been right on the money with me..You have to open up and tell all so they can establish a treatment plan for you.. Don't give up on therapy because of one person..Good Luck

5. Jacob1973

Jacob1973 Well-Known Member

I saw my therapist again last week, my MD doctor day after, and got on meds. I see my therapist again on monday. I am feeling so much better, its unbelievable. I am having a bit of a hard time at times (like when I wake up and the meds have worn off), with sleep and all, but its better than it was.

Unfortunately, 10 days from now, i have to have major surgery and will be off from work for 6 weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.