I don't know what to say, so I'll just say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphra

I don't even know what to say, or how I ended up here. I don't know what I'm searching for. I just feel completely broken and empty and alone. The only one who would ever care about or look after someone like me, left me. I don't blame him, I'm useless. I know what my future holds now; packing boxes in a warehouse all day, coming home to a cold dark room every night eating frozen meals, and knowing that no one cares. There was hope for a minute there - a happy life, a family... But I couldn't let myself have that, could I? Now here I am, so hello.

Sorry to hear that you are going through this Aphra

The only one who would ever care about or look after someone like me, left me. I don't blame him, I'm useless
Please don't say that about yourself. You have inherent worth as a human being. You may also be a better person than you think you are.

Maybe there's a way to repair your old relationship, or to find a new one.

Do you want to say more about what happened?

I just feel completely broken and empty and alone
I guess it's common for someone to feel that way when an important love relationship ends.

None of us are ever alone here though, because we have each other. Welcome to SF.

Aphra

Thank you for the welcome, guys. I wrote this when I was tired and crying all night so I apologise if it's a bit dramatic. I'm sad I lost him, but the worst part about the situation is the fact that I blame myself for everything and can't live with myself. I have no friends or human interaction in general in my life though so I'm kind of stuck with myself and my negative thoughts. Maybe I will post my story here, but I am afraid to for two reasons. Firstly I'm afraid of giving too many private details on a public forum because I have had issues with that before, and the staff refused to delete my threads after I regretted them. Secondly I am afraid my problems will pale in comparison to other peoples' and they will think I should not complain. Anyway, thank you again.

Thank you for the welcome
You're welcome! :)

I apologise if it's a bit dramatic
Please don't worry, it was fine. It's ok to say whatever you are feeling

the worst part about the situation is the fact that I blame myself for everything
It certainly sounds like you are being too harsh on yourself. Hopefully you can learn to be more gentle with yourself in time.

I have no friends or human interaction in general
Well, it's not a perfect substitute for face-to-face interactions, but at least you've got us.

Sometimes just riding on public transportation when it's busy, or going to a public place like a library, or going to a grocery store (even if you don't buy anything, or don't buy much), can help to fill in a minimal level of your human interaction needs. There might be some meet-up group or some other type of interest/hobby group that you could go to.

the staff refused to delete my threads after I regretted them
I think that posts don't get deleted here either, so you might want to think things over. I suppose that you could PM someone if you wanted to, so that it couldn't be publicly seen.

Secondly I am afraid my problems will pale in comparison to other peoples' and they will think I should not complain
People say this a lot here. All I can say is that it's really not about comparisons. As long as you need support or help, and posting here will help you, then it's ok to post.

I'm glad you joined SF Aphra :)

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi there
Posts here don't get deleted either but we're happy to listen to whatever details you wanna provide.
That being said, break ups are really hard on people and we get a load of them every week here. It's a rough time and makes people think there's just not much else to go on for sometimes. But after that initial phase of time passes, generally people do see that there is still life going on around them, that there are people who can still make them laugh, that that can still be happy without the person they've lost. You spend a long time with someone and can't expect to just turn that off like a light.
Stick around ok? Keep posting. Let us know more about you. There's nothing to identify you here. We're all here for ya. Take care and be safe.

Charlene

SF Supporter
Hello Aphra, sorry you feel so bad at the moment. But how you feel now does not need to be in any way predictive for your future life. I really hope you will feel better soon. Just one step at a time and the most important thing: dont give up hope. To deal with losses is a hard thing. Like walkerbait said it is not like hexhex or turn that off like a light. It needs time. Sounds a bit like you are blaming yourself a lot for what happened. Please keep on talking to us and stay safe. We are here and we will listen. And never feel bad about complaining. We need to do this sometimes and a lot to get all this out and make some space for the better feelings. It wants to be heard and it needs to get out - otherwise it will start to make trouble on your inside. So go on.
I am glad you found us and a warm welcome to SF. Hugs, Anne

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Alpha, welcome to the SF forums. I am really sorry for how you are feeling, but keep hope alive 'cos while you're alive there definitely is hope for you.

If you don't want to post things you might regret posting I would suggest you just private message people, that way no one will know your business.

We re here for you and we do care, we care for you so much, we care about anyone that is hurting. SF is a life saver so stick around and you will see how awesome it is, you won't regret it.

Best wishes and stay safe and know help is here and out there in the world too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00