I don't know what to think

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I just don't. My memory is making me remember stuff that I don't want to. I want to deny that stuff happened when it really did happen. I don't want to believe that my mom has told me that I'm stupid. I don't want to remember being terrified as a little girl that she might lash out at me. I don't want to remember trying to hide in my room or in a another room, trying to ignore the shouting.

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

*hugs you*

Hun I am so, so sorry. Both for what happened to you and for how you feel now.
    Have you worked on these things with a therapist?

I think (and I'm sorry to say this) that such memories will always be there, but we must learn how to deal with it.
    And it can get better!

*hugs you again*

Rockclimbinggirl and AdamTide like this.
  3. AdamTide

AdamTide Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry you have those awful memories but you have time to create some good ones. Don't let the past drag you down. Learn from it and move on. You are NOT stupid. It is smart of you to reach out for help. It takes strength to do that. You are good enough to have a productive HAPPY life. Don't ever forget that. Feel free to PM me if you ever need to.

Rockclimbinggirl likes this.
  4. Rockclimbinggirl

No, I but I think I will try to tell him about them the next time I see him.

5. Rockclimbinggirl

I do have happy memories too, but I think that they are being overshadowed by the bad ones right now.

6. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Good luck hun. I honestly think it would help you to work through it

*hugs*

AdamTide likes this.
  7. AdamTide

AdamTide Well-Known Member

Lady is right. Definitely talk to your therapist about it. They are professional and see stuff like this all the time. I know it's hard but try to think as positive as you can. Everything will be ok. Each day you get through is a win. Things will get better.

8. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

big hugs

AdamTide and Rockclimbinggirl like this.
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good luck at your appointment next week, unfortunately at therapy our memories are dragged through bushes and it is tough going. My advice to you would be to keep going and keep working on regulating your thoughts and memories and know we are always here if you need us! (hugs) You are an amazing person.