I don't know what to think.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Dragon, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

I got back in touch with an old friend yesterday. I was so happy - we had a lot of special things together, things that were just for us. She was one of those special people, the ones you always remember because you feel like they changed your life for the better.

I just finished replying to an email from her and it was so, so hard. All the time we spoke she would always complain about how much her husband and her relatives nagged her about her lack of faith, and now, she's turned born-again-Christian and I don't know what to do. I don't even know why I'm so upset. I feel like I've lost something that I'll never get back.

I'm happy for her - she's turned her life around, and she's thanking God for it. I think that's what pains me the most. She was always so independent, so self-determined, I respected her. I still do respect her, and I do have Christian friends, the Christianity itself isn't what bothers me.

I don't know. I'm not making any sense. All I know is I'm sitting here typing this and crying because it feels like one of my best friends just died.

2. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:hug: you said you feel like you lost something? Do you feel like maybe it could be her dedication to you? like it is somewhere else now? :hug: i kinda feel like that sometimes about my christian friends even tho i am one as well. :sad: i am here if you want to talk :) :i'm sorry:

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It's understandable that you feel how you do, this person helped you turn your life around, now she's changed, you feel like you've lost the person she used to be. I think you should spend some time catching up with her , see if the friendship still has the spark, the changes might grow on you , You know where I am hun! :hug:

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

You could be realising time and that you've both grown apart?

I think I know what you mean. Funny, I just read your post and I could see how that could upset you, even though you don't know why- people putting full responsibility on God about things they've done, for better or worse? Like you I have and had many religious friends, but this really gets to me. My mother is similar, especially now she realised harsh truths about her behaviour, and I find that frightening to be honest. Maybe you feel like she's lost herself somehow? :hug: It's okay to cry and feel the way you do, I understand that feeling of loss all too well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.