i don't know whats wrong with me

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Lauren Rose, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Lauren Rose

Lauren Rose Member

Its like the smallest things set me on this downward spiral that I cannot control. I don't know if Im too hard on myself, and I've always been like that, but lately Im just so done with everything and I know that everyone will be better off if Im just gone. I hate this feeling, I hate feeling dumb and worthless and disgusting. And then all of the sudden sometimes I'll feel better about myself, and wonder why I ever had these awful thoughts but those periods are so short-lived. I don't know why this happens to me, and it always has for as long as I can remember. Hating yourself is an exhausting thing, I just want it to be over.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Lauren Rose and welcome to SF :)

What proof do you have that you are disgusting, dumb and worthless? It is very important to remember that your thoughts are NOT facts. Depression is a terrible illness and it lies to us and makes us feel like a subhuman. You are worthy of care,respect and kindness. Please keep talking to us here and we will try and help you as much as possible :) *hugs*
  3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am sorry you feel so low about yourself hun, but I'm actually really sure no one would be better off without you. You have every right to live just like the next person.

What has made you feel that way? Please feel free to open up to us if you want hun. Sometimes talking can really help.

Also, are you getting any help dealing with those negative thoughts and downward spirals? They are so tough to handle on your own; I know that so well. If you aren't already maybe you should talk to a doctor about getting a therapist or seeing a counselor... and maybe there are some meds you can take when you start to go downhill.

It's a strength hun, that you are able to recognice these circles and spirals. Use that to get better; allow yourself to get the help you need and deserve

4. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

I'll repeat what Petal has said: Our brain lie to us when we are depressed. I know how hard it is to ignore those feelings :(

You are not worthless and no one would be better off if you leave. Deep down you probably know that.

Do you get medical help for your depression?