I don't know who to tell and how to tell them - someone please help me.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by stephhendersonx, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephhendersonx

stephhendersonx New Member

I'm a 19 year old student living away at uni. I've had depression for about 6 years now. I'll have it for month long periods then feel better for a little while, before feeling depressed again. The "breaks" from the depression get shorter each time and the depression that comes afterwards is getting more intense and for a longer time. I've got to the point now where I want to kill myself, the only thing currently stopping me is my mum. I lost my dad at the start of this year and I couldn't put my mum through that again. It's taken me 4 months but I've finally gone to the doctors. They want me to attend therapy for a while before putting me on meds despite me saying it doesn't help. I'm scared that I'm going to do something stupid, even though it's what I want, it isn't at the same time if that makes sense? I just can't think of any other way out, I can't see myself getting better and I can't see myself with a future. I feel like I should one or two of my housemates, I completely trust them all but I know it's a lot to burden someone with. I don't know how to tell someone, I couldn't tell them face to face but a text or something seems like it's not serious? If I try and talk to people I always tone it down because I'm embarrassed, I'm just scared and don't know what to do and would really appreciate some help right now.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. You need to speak to someone. I suggest that you ring a helpline in order to talk someone about your thoughts. Alternative keep posting here as it's a great community. You are not alone in suffering as we here understand what you are going through. Each day is hard but you need to focus on yourself first and be kind to yourself. Do not be hard on yourself as you suffering great anguish at the moment. Please take care as you are important to all of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.