i dont know why i even try

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheLonelyAloePlant, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLonelyAloePlant

TheLonelyAloePlant Well-Known Member

i'm as nice as possible
    i try hard, i do
    but i have a c in math
    people don't talk to me without looking at me like i'm an idiot
    and i try so hard to find the right friends, but i can't. it always ends up being some people who turn their backs on me for no reason. i'm so fking tired of being left out. i've probably just gotta accept the fact that no one will ever care or like me.
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i flunked math in HS... and i'm really smart... just don't really have a brain for math. i managed to get into the college i wanted, for the program i wanted and it never mattered a second after i graduated (except when i did my taxes wrong)!

i believe you when you say you are trying, but as you know if you are fighting depression as well it's hard to concentrate.

you come across as a nice, caring, aware person. you will def. find a good crowd of friends one day, and i'm sorry it's not happening right now. are you in high school? once you move away for college or for work you will find your world expands, and there will be many new, interesting people to hang out with. hang on!

3. Manically Depressed

Manically Depressed Active Member

I know how you feel. I didnt have many friends in high school either. Just be yourself and sooner or later the right friends will come along. Hang in there!
  4. Pensive

Pensive Well-Known Member

No grade can tell you how good you are IMO. My teachers at school hated me and I always felt like a real loner even though I had a close circle of friends. My computers teacher liked me at the start and once he seen I had a almost natural talent for the subject just started to almost loathe me. And as for my maths teachers I was so disillusioned with school at that point, being pushed into going back to my grammar school instead of technical college I just didnt care, walked out with a C, E and a U in A-Levels, and amazingly walked into a university course, all be it foundation but a course nevertheless. And it gets better once you leave school I found, "school days the best in your life" my arse!

Besides a C in maths is good, many people never get that. I got a D in French and my teacher bought me a pint on my last day to apologise :)
  5. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Grades don't equal intelligence and it shouldn't be the deciding factor on how people treat you either. Maths is one of them subjects that really does require you to think, concentrate and put your time into it and hey, a C isn't too bad anyway. Actually, it's a pass over here in the UK. You shouldnt beat yourself up over it and no one else should give you crap either. What did you get in your other subjects, if you took any others?

Friendships. Ouch. It's hard, isn't it? I can't help but envy those outgoing types who can go out one day and come back home in the evening saying how great their day was and they've made some new friends, even having their phone numbers already. Not everyone is like that, I'm certainly not. You haven't failed, though. Everyone is different, everyone. There are friends out there for you. :hug:
  6. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

I got A's in science B's in everything else apart from maths lol. To me grades don't really prove a thing just because you have a c in math does not make you any less intelligent then any one else some people just find maths hard I know I did lol.
  7. TheLonelyAloePlant

TheLonelyAloePlant Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I feel a bit better. :)
  8. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I always hated geometry proofs. Prove side A is equal to side B. I'd sometimes write, "Cause I said so."
  9. AnomymousX

AnomymousX Well-Known Member

I feel your hurt, I get the same thing. And in other instances, no one makes eye contact with me at all, even when I'm clearly talking to people, and they hear me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.