I don't know why I'm like this

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by tweety121, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tweety121

tweety121 New Member

For quite a while i've been member of this community, but i've never been able to put my problem in words. I don't know what i am suffering from? I have lost all interest in everything, including life. I've seriously contemplated suicide for over a year but never could muster courage enough, or probably even that doesn't interest me.

I am a student, 21 year old, and I have a girlfriend too. But i feel as if i have doomed her life as well by including it in mine. She is often sad because i can't bring myself up to doing anything. I am lagging in my studies, my health is deteriorating, aaaaaghh.

Recently i had an accident but i survived. When i returned home everybody was crying, (I didn't need to be admitted to a hospital), but i never felt any sadness over my getting injured, nor could i share their pain. I have been living a normal life uptil 1-2 years back.... Can someone please tell what has happened to me??

2. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Why not ask yourself.

3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi Tweety,

Have you spoke with your dr about things? I know it's hard but try writing things down if it will help.

Best of luck & let us know how you are. Reach out to us...we're here to help honey.

Claire xx

4. happykitty

happykitty New Member

I can empathise.

I feel there's a disposability about my life which I'm sure family and friends don't share.

The only reason I'm not dead right now is because it'd make the people I know unhappy.

5. tweety121

tweety121 New Member

i have written it down here only after i failed to get any satisfactory answers from myself. I had hoped somebody would be able to lead me in direction of what actually is my prob?

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Try going to the ER and ask to speak with someone in mental health.. Sounds like depression has bit you in the butt..It's nothing to mess around with becuase it can get worst if you don't seek help now..

7. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Like Joseph said it may be depression. However, none of us are trained professionally to give any sort of proper answers that you're looking for, we can only speak from our own experiences.

I would urge you to see your dr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.