I don't know?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by storm, Jan 15, 2015.

1. storm

storm Well-Known Member

I have issues with eating (sometimes i forget or just can't make myself) and this new year i decided to do south beach diet to steer me in the right track with not only healthy eating but also holding myself accountable so that I DO eat. I feel like it's going pretty well so far. Is anyone else doing something like this?

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi storm I wish you the best of luck on your diet, I'm sure I have heard of that one. My goal is to lose half a stone stone by February and I think I can do it, cutting out sugar, I'm sitting here eating an apple and drinking diet orange, so far i have not lost any weight but I am suffering with fluid retention my doctor told me to give it time so I will :)

3. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Thank you :) good luck to you as well :) you can totally do this.

4. Ria0331

Ria0331 Member

I am not really familiar with eating disorders, but from what you're saying your plan sounds good. I wish you the best of luck. I do recommend keeping a food journal. By doing a journal you can keep track of what you ate that day. If you skip or miss a meal, don't get discouraged because hiccups are bound to happen. If you feel over time the South Beach Diet isn't helping, you can try creating a daily meal plan and set an alarm to go off that will remind you that its time to eat. At least until you get in the habit of eating on a regular basis. If you choose to do the meal plan you can write it out the night before or on a weekly and monthly basis. Another way to remember to eat is to put it on your calendar. If you use a phone or digital calendar, you set it to remind you at certain times each day its time to eat and the calendar will always remind you. Now if your out during a mealtime and can't eat right then, put a simple healthy snack in your purse to eat on the fly. That way you eat something and don't feel like you slipped up.

Just my advice. Hope it helps or at least gives you some other options to think about.

5. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Thanks. :) those are some great ideas!

6. Ria0331

Ria0331 Member

On the days you can't eat, get some ensure and drink that. It will give you the nutrients you need. That way your body gets what it needs and doesn't feel starved.

7. storm

storm Well-Known Member

What's ensure? O.O

8. Ria0331

Ria0331 Member

Ensure is like a shake that you drink that has protein and other dietary supplements in it. A lot of times older people or people who can't hold down food drink it cause it gives them vitamins and other nutrients your body needs when food is unable to be eaten.

To learn more check out https://www.ensure.com

9. storm

storm Well-Known Member

That's a great idea! Thanks. I'll look for it the next time I go to the market. :3

10. Ria0331

Ria0331 Member

Your welcome. Look in the pharmacy area by dietary supplements. If you can't find it ask the pharmacy staff. They make several different brands and types which range in price so take your time looking. Also drinking Gatorade, powerade and pedalyte(I can't spell it) are good beverages to keep you hydrated with electrolytes and of course water.

11. Ria0331

Ria0331 Member

One last thing I just thought of is to drink chicken broth. I am sorry if I'm sounding like a know it all, its just my husband has a stomach condition that causes him to to vomit alot so I have learned how to help him during that time cause it takes him a few days to recoup.

12. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Isn't there a lot of sugar in the Gatorade type drinks though?

13. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Oh yes I drink that sometimes :) makes me feel fuller. I hope you husband feels better xx

14. Ria0331

Ria0331 Member

It can but there are lower sugar ones. They sell diet and zero types.

15. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Oh sweet I didn't know that :) I'll check that out too. Thank you so much