I dont know

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dying_Dreams, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dying_Dreams

Dying_Dreams Well-Known Member

I dont think I can carry on anymore, I dont want to,live anymore.

My counsellor pushed me over the edgetoday by telling me because i was smiling i didnt want to die. How the hell would she know what i think.

I cant carry on. Just hate everything.

I dont know the point of this post.
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

that's awful that your counsellor didn't pick up on how desperate and sad you are feeling. thing is, they aren't mind readers. you have to tell them openly and honestly how you feel and what you are thinking in order for them to help.

me, i smile, laugh and joke all the time. they say things to me like "you don't seem to be taking this seriously" .... that was after a suicide attempt... i mean, that's pretty serious!

keep trying to communicate. if your counsellor won't listen, find a better counsellor. do *not* give up, and do not conform to what *they* think a patient "should" look like or how you "should" behave.
  3. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

Well, I started with plastering a smile on my face, despite all the turbulence that happens underneath. Eventually this fake happiness started to turn real. But I still have crashes, during those times, I wish I had a quick and relatively painless way to die, but I know I have to live.

I don't know what I'm trying to say but stay with us.

Maybe you need a new counselor, or your counselor was ignorant that day.
  4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Out of line for them to say that to you, we aren't robots and your counsellor shouldn't have assumed that. Maybe it came out wrong, sometimes things slip off our tongue without thinking but still, it was wrong of them. Don't let their words send you over the edge, not everyone thinks that way. Certainly not.

How long have you been with your counsellor?
  5. woundedgirl

woundedgirl Member

Hi. Stay with us peole do care.
    when she said it to you did you put her straight.
    You do have to be as open as possible, don't ever feel intimidated or annoyed it's there to help you.
    If you find things don't improve change to someone else.
    Take care:hug:
  6. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Maybe she only meant to cheer you up. Maybe it was a joke.
  7. Dying_Dreams

Dying_Dreams Well-Known Member

Ive been seeing her just over a year. But not for much longer. She has to stop seeing people to hire more counsellors. I find it really hard to communicate with people any way and she knows that, she went as far to say i was lying to her because i said i still wanted to do it.I try to talk to her but i dont know its just hard. i think she always judges me. I dont know.
  8. aeommai

aeommai Active Member

as my one time best friend said,

people get through life by judging other people.
    it's what they do.
    and it sucks, because they shouldn't, but you have to get used to them looking at you and stereotyping you and telling you how you are and how you aren't,
    but i promise you can be better!

you can show them you are, and who they are!
    you should tell her this, because it might make her look at herself and see what she did there. maybe she was just pushing you to see if you really were sad or something, i dunno, i never met her, but now it's up to YOU to take charge!
    show them what's what!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.