i don't know

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by harrison, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harrison

harrison Member

i really don't know if what happened to me counts as "abuse" or not...

when i was small (about age 4-6 or 7 i think), my best friend made me do alot of sexual stuff to him. he was the same age as me. he would pull me into the closet in his room when i went to his house on play dates, and basically nag me into doing things to him. i dont remember when this stopped happening. my parents say that they ended out friendship because they saw him pull his pants down when me and my sister were in the room. i don't remember that particular incident at all. i've never told anyone this, or even written it down before. i know that, compared to other people's experiences, this is nothing, but...i just wanted to get an opinion on whether this actually counts as abuse...
  2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Without knowing all the details it's hard to say if it was abuse or not. What is more important though is how it has effected you. How you actually feel about the experience.
  3. harrison

harrison Member

i dont think i can get through the detals...i dont even like thinking about it. mostly, i feel ashamed of myself. i should have known better, and wish it just never happened. i saw my friend again about a year ago, and i got really upset. he just acted like nothing had ever happened, or like it didnt matter. i cant help but think that what happened back then made me into a freak...that's what i feel like.
  4. stturtle

stturtle Member

I think it most definitely counts. You were used. Well I don't know the whole story, but being told by by someone you know to do that counts as abuse. Maybe not in the way everyone thinks, but it is. It's wrong that someone would take advantage of you at such a young age.
  5. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

it my eyes it counts, and is wrong how ever you look at it. dont blame yourself you were a kid, how were you to know... i hope you find someway of getting thru this... it may always be with you,, but in time you wont think about it as much!

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It wasn't your fault. Don't blame yourself. I can't help but think that he was probably too young to understand what he was doing. Maybe you would benefit from counseling? You need to leave it in the past to be able to move on, if you need to talk im here :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.