i don't know

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by shinjio4, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinjio4

shinjio4 New Member

i know what has been keeping me alive for the past few months/years, but unfortunately nobody seems to understand or ask. they don't seem to understand what i like to do and why i do it, and they keep asking why i spend so much time doing it but i don't want to be so blunt as to say it's what's keeping me alive, but i don't know how else to say it. i feel that there is only three things that i'm living for and my friends and family hate on two out of three them and keep harassing me about a couple of them. i don't know a simplified way of putting it or how to break it easy. i'm sorry i didn't want to go into any details but any ideas on how to break it to people that what i do is helping me stay alive? thanks

EVA 01

2. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

You could be blunt and tell them straight up that that is the case. How do you think they would react if you did?

3. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

hi shinjo and welcome..
    give it time and keep opening up here.. i hope you find this place a safe place to vent and explore stuff with supportive people who will care about you.
    you don't have to go into any details that you don't want to but the more you talk the easier it is for people to talk and relate to you...
    maybe... but talking here a bit it will prepare you for talking to others?

sam x

4. Kemra

Kemra Well-Known Member

Be honest with them, they may not like it or understand Shinjio, but they have to accept it. A few years ago my grandafther made comments about how much I doted on my cat and how unhealthy it was until one day i got angry about it and just said straight out that she was my only reason for getting up of a morning, the only thing that kept me living. He never replied, never said anything, but all of a sudden he started patting her when he visited and never said anything to me, this is a guy who used to shoot strays in his garden and hated cats with a passion.

More recently online gaming and obsessive dvd watching has become my focus, distractions more than anything, my dad has said about it but I just asked him what he'd prefer, that i sit and do nothing all day and torture myself over my problems?

Acceptance can be better than understanding as you can at least get left alone about it, and maybe even a little support.

5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi. here at s.f.. . . . we all have something or somethings keeping us alive.......that list may change from time to time. . . but all of us have THE LIST.

here- everyone understands. you could tell us your reason for living is putting on a clown suit and dancing in the street in front of your house wearing a pig mask - and we'd be like ''cool'' :cool: nothing shocks us or phases us.

but - why are we here - for the most part because our friends and family in our 'real lives' (whatever that is....) don't understand. cannot understand, though a lot of them do try.

so you could start here - and i hope you find support here - and i also hope you find some self-acceptance (the hardest thing for me, still looking) and that self-acceptance is added onto your current list

you made a great start by coming here - :hug:

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Eva,

Welcome to sf :)

Here at SF, we understand. You can gain a lot from this forum. Talking helps a lot :hug:

What do you think their reaction will be? I hope they will understand and support you through this, I am always here if you need someone to talk to. My PM box is always open :arms:

7. Buggsy2008

Buggsy2008 Well-Known Member

:hug: welcome to the site. . . hope you find a way to open up, both on here and in real life.

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Welcome to SF Eva. I think that you should just tell them that you enjoy doing it and leave it at that. I'm sure that what ever it is that you do, it's really not that unusual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.