I don't need someone to relate to, I need someone to hear me out.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by walkingsatire, Jan 24, 2009.

1. walkingsatire

walkingsatire Member

I brushed the rose petals softly against my face and the wind blew my hair into my eyes. I leaned against the tree behind me and took in the stillness of the meadow. The sweet smell of the flowers around me put me into a dazed state of mind. The day was perfect and the sun was beating down on my shoulders and wrapping me in a blanket of warmth. The leaves of the tree floated gracefully to the ground and landed in front of me as the wind detached them from the safety of the trees branches. The rustling in the tall grass surrounding the tree held the secrets of thousands of insects and small animals, each one gathering food, helping each other and going on about their days work. The birds in the air made the music to complete the serene scene, whistling a sweet sound that could soften the heart of the cruelest man.
    I have no desire or will to get up; my entire body lay like a bag of sand on the dry dirt and my head rest against the rough bark of the wise old tree. This meadow has been my place of salvation since the day I decided to separate myself from the rest of the world, the day where I just decided not to care anymore. The only way to go about your life is to know your purpose and place and stick to that place or try to advance yourself. I have no more aspirations for a better life, the one I have is fine. Some people think that once you get to that point it must be easier to reach some sort of peace with yourself and you can finally “be happy.” Well, I’m still not happy, I just don’t have anymore energy to continue any further up the ladder of corruption that society has made an essential part of the process to being successful.
    After seeing the downfall of my friends, colleagues and family members through work related incidents I promised myself I would never just become another one of them. I needed to do something different, be someone different and be happier that I took the more peaceful path in life. Some may call me a hippie, although I am not sure exactly what that term is referring to. The dictionary defines a hippie as:

“A person who opposes and rejects many of the conventional standards and customs of society, especially one who advocates extreme liberalism in sociopolitical attitudes and lifestyles.”

First of all, I do oppose and reject many of the standards society sets, but that doesn’t make me a hippie, it just makes me who I am. It makes me a person with her own thoughts and feelings, her own ideas and conclusions on the subject of living. It isn’t fair for them to generalize me when I’m specifically trying not to be generalized. It’s like you’re shoving stereotypes right back into my face. The idiocy of that astounds me, the mere existence of a stereotype for people who don’t like to be stereotyped seems a bit absurd to me.
    Second of all, my social and political factors and the fact that they are liberal or not have nothing to do with whom I am. Just because someone has the same thoughts or opinions as me, doesn’t mean I want to be put into the same category they are in. It doesn’t guarantee that I’m going to hang out with that group of people just because of their stereotype, so I’d like to pledge myself to be taken out of that stereotype all together and for that matter, I’d like to just not be in any stereotype at all. I’d rather just continue being who I am and not being judged by my label, stereotype, the way I look, the way I act, or the way I think. I would like to be known for who I am as an individual and what I did with my individual talents to make the world a better place and the human race more tolerable and decent to the rest of the world.
  2. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Well one things for sure, you gotz good written skills!
  3. walkingsatire

walkingsatire Member

Oh, thank you very much.
  4. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

I swear i just seen this somewhere else...

I am listening thought...

5. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

Ah thats why i thought i saw it again... its the same person just in a different section...