I Don't really get along with anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansdr

People don’t make any sense nowadays. I’m in college and i have yet to find anyone to connect with. I just don’t like most people there at all. They have big egos, they take nothing seriously, and they always contradict themselves at every turn. They think their opinions are way to important. And they want to be treated like they are special yet at the same time they are insecure and want to be treated like they are “not” special. It’s hard to explain. But i haven’t found anyone i really connect with. People are boring also, all they do is talk about random boring things. It would be nice if someone actually talked about something worth hearing once in a while. I’m getting more bored of people as time goes on, i just don’t like most of them. Sorry. I try to be nice, i like having a laugh, I watch the office and i’m always laughing and making jokes. I always try to be nice to others. But i know when to be serious, I study life and it’s meaning because i know at the end of they day some things are serious. Most people I meet are so materialistic so driven by society that they just disgust me. And it’s like everyone is always in a hurry to be something they are not, to impress someone else, everyone wants to do what everyone else likes for what reason? And i feel like i’m the only person that thinks of this. Maybe this is just how young people are in college. Maybe it’s just me, but there was a time when I thought people were better than this. When you could actually talk to someone about your life or something deep and connect with them, rather then some random thing that happened that isn’t really that interesting. When you didn't have to be afraid to be emotional for once and be your true self.

Another Thing I Hate
People are always telling jokes too, some of them lame. But it's like everything i hear a teen say in college is a joke. And it's not even that funny. And if your not telling a joke no one wants to listen to you. We are not on a comedy show ok. I just don't think most people are that funny to be honest. If i want comedy I will watch the comedy channel, i love comedies, i write them and i laugh alot of the time, i have a sense of humor and sometimes i will laugh when someone says something. I just don't think I should have to tell a joke every 5 seconds just to keep a conversation going. I don't have to be constantly laughing to be happy, i don't see why everyone prefers to be laughing and entertained every single second. It's just not that funny.

ansdr

Come to think of it i'm just tired of most people altogether which is why i try to avoid friends. Alot of them just try to tell you how to live. People just complicate things to much. They like someone and they can't even tell them they have to play a bunch of games and they wonder why relationships fail. Because they never talk. People who are alone become apathetic to others and people wonder why they do the things they do. No one talks anymore at all, they don't think about why they do things, they just do them and forget about why because thinking about that would be too much work. And everyone buys all this stuff to impress other people because they are so insecure themselves and they just want to feel better than someone else. I don't have much faith in the future of humanity. Alot of young peoples egos just got the better of them and it's really sad to be honest. If people just talked more and took a break from the jokes, the insults, the egos, the mind games. I think maybe things would be better. And i feel sad because i don't know anyone else who feels this way. It's like it's just me alone, and i'm not asking for much. If people thought about why they did things before doing them maybe they wouldn't have to buy something to impress someone else or become someone they are not. Maybe life would be a bit better for all of us. Think about it, Even some Animals can get along better than us humans do. It's just really sad.

LetItGo

Staff Alumni
Actually I think youll find a lot of people that agree with you. They just dont say as much. Maybe people crack jokes all the time, because the reality of what is known to us humans is too much to handle? The way you look at life changes as you get older, which is why I tend to find older people more interesting a great deal of the time. In saying that, a lot of them are extremely negative as well. Only so much of that I can take.

Everyone knows the boring stuff is boring and everyone knows the jokes arent funny - the banter is all just a way of building some kind of rapport for the later, more meaningful stuff. You have to stomach it if you want to get on with people in the long run (something I am learning myself at the moment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00