I don't really know what to do anymore. I am so lonely.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ellie Grey, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellie Grey

Ellie Grey Well-Known Member

I just want to be happy, it sounds rather stupid but I seem to be looking in the wrong places as I am greeted by people who generally make me anything but. I do get depressed and I do get low moods quite often. There are no "quick cures" I know, but lonliness seems the greatest factor in my low moods. My dad died a while ago, and even though I was not exceptionally close to him, a part of me still tries to ignore the sense of loss I feel deep within my mind, as if a part of me simply died like he did. I just feel like I have nobody to talk to, and life is rather bad. Im 14, this is my first time on this so as i really do not know how to use all this, but what should i do? I don't need happiness, i just need contentment and a decent level of self esteem and self worth.
    Does anyone who has ever felt like this, which i know is pretty much everybody, have any sort of advice? Or simply what made them feel better about things in general or about themselves? If anyone answers with any answer what so ever, it will be deepy appreciated, Thankyou
    Ellie

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Elllie sound like you still have not dealt with losing your father. Have you talked to anyone a grief councillor talking about how you feel does help Is there a councillor at your school you can open up to or a teacher hun Loneliness is hard hun is there any activities you can join that would get you meeting new people any sports you like art music just something to keep you from isolating hugs to you

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Hi Ellie. My son passed away at the end of 2010, and then a few months ago I lost my father also. I understand how you feel - it is as if a part of you has been ripped out. Been there too and am living through it right now and probably forever. We're not alone... everyone faces this and the older that you get, the more times this will occur. You asked for advice and I can give you advice of what has helped me survive these losses. I have found that if I take every moment to celebrate and remember their lives, the good things that they did, then it helps me to cope with the loss. A person lives forever as long as they're remembered. The famous actor, James Dean (who passed away tragically quite young), once said, "If a man can bridge the gap between life and death, if he can live on after he's dead, then maybe he was a great man." I learned a lot from that quote. I hope that it helps you to understand what I am saying. I hope that you find some way to bridge the gap yourself and move forward, as your dad would wish for you. I know it's hard, believe me I cry every day (over my son), but we have been given just one life and we have to treasure it as much as those who passed before us may have treasured their own... and ours.

4. Ellie Grey

Ellie Grey Well-Known Member

Thankyou so much :) I have heard similar advice but I believe its different when somebody who has gone through similar experiences has managed to peservere and help others. Thankyou once again.

5. Syn

Syn Well-Known Member

From the sounds of it you need to learn how to love yourself. Don't look for contentment in others, look for it within yourself because that's where you'll find it. Every day, and especially when you hit a low point in your mood, just think of some positive things about yourself. I know, when your depressed it seems impossible to think positively about yourself, but if you do I promise you'll find what your looking for. It won't happen right away, but gradually that depression and loneliness will melt away and you'll be able to be happy.

As for your father, you shouldn't deny the sense of loss you feel. By denying it, your not letting yourself move on. It may be painful to accept the sense of loss, but when you accept it you can learn to move on and start healing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.