I don't really know...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Freako14, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freako14

Freako14 New Member

I don't really know if this counts. But if you could please give me advice. I'm a 15 year old girl that is 200+ lbs. I can't stay away from food. And when I way myself I get more depressed and eat more. My weight keeps going up. I don't know what to do. :new: :depressed
  2. Freako14

Freako14 New Member

and I can't starve myself. -.-
  3. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome! I don't usually come in here because I get triggered really easily..

But, I actually posted on another girl's thread in here about this same issue yesterday, I won't repeat myself.

I just wanted to say, I've been there..I know how out of control and insane you feel...and disgusting. But you are not disgusting, you are beautiful...and you can emotionally detach from food. Once you start using food as nourishment for your body (instead of your mind), you're going to be ok...but it takes tons of work. Don't focus on the weight or the scale, focus on loving yourself and beginning again. As I said to the other girl...when I was 15 (I was about in the same place you were) this book saved my life: "Breaking Free From Compulsive Eating" By: Geneen Roth... I know it looks ridiculous, but it seriously freed me from the food torment.
    Just love yourself, and never guilt trip yourself...everyday start again...tell your body you will give it what it needs, no more no less...when you feel depressed or upset be aware that you will probably go to food to solace, and when that happens..try to go somewhere healthier: write, read...dance, run, talk to a friend or family member etc. do something you love.

Compulsive eating and restrictive eating are on the same spectrum (though in different directions) of the same emotional trauma we associate with food. Feel free to PM me. Three years ago (when I was 15) I thought I would be forever lost in my spiraling, horrific relationship with food...Now I'm far healthier...I can actually --forget-- (that is a huge feat) about food and continue on with me life. Feel free to pm me...and don't forget: you are gorgeous the way you are, your body doesn't need to change (though it will naturally if you change your relationship with food), your mind needs to change so you can be a happier person. :) You are beautiful.
  4. mysecret

mysecret New Member

I kind of know how you feel. I am always eating. Anything I can find, even if I don't paricularly like it. I eat when I'm bored, sad, lonely, happy, entertained. I ALWAYS eat. Right now I want something to eat. It seems like its impossible for me to control myself. Its like I can't get full and if I do I'll be hungry again in an hour. I don't know what to do about it either. I'm not actually overweight. But I will be soon if I can't find a way to fix this. Don't know if this will really help you or anything, just your not the only one who feels this way I guess.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.