I dont remember the last time i felt happy

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Wubba labba dub dub, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Wubba labba dub dub

Wubba labba dub dub New Member

Recently I've constantly felt down and with every passing day the feelings get worse. I thought it was because I was hiding my feeling for someone, but telling the person How I've felt hasn't made a difference.

Soon after admitting me feelings I realised I'm genuinely the only one out of my friends that's never been liked/loved in more than a platonic way and it makes me realise I am the issue. I feel like I'll never find love.

Soon after that I realised, whenever I'm at home I only feel sad and hopeless and whenever I go out instead of feeling good and having fun I just feel neutral I'm not having fun but I'm not hating it. I just feel total neutrality and I don't remember the last time I've had proper fun or enjoyed myself . I know I use to but I can't remember the last time it happened and I don't know what triggered the change
    OCDNihilism likes this.
  2. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

Are you seeing a therapist to help you through this? To help you find joy again?

We're here for you. Hugs
    SinisterKid likes this.
  3. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to SF Wubba. So, the person you have feelings for, how did they take the news that you had feelings for them? At 18, you are still very young and have a lot of time to find the right person for you. Dont rush into a relationship just because you think you are the only person who has never had one. It takes time to find love, but when you do discover it you will find it was worth the wait.

As you mature and become a adult [we all grow up at different speeds] you will find that things which used to be are no longer so. Its perfectly natural for that to happen. So it could be that you are just ready to move on to other things that will bring you more enjoyment. When I was 15, I stopped going to the local youth club because I found I could get served in a bar and that appealed far more to me at that time. Other kids of my age were too scared to go into the same bar, so even my circle of friends changed as well and I was hanging out with people older than myself. The same kind of thing could be going on with you.

Feeling "down" is a very broad, ambiguous term. Everyone feels "down" at some point in their life. It doesn't mean you are depressed. But if you are really concerned, talking to your doctor will help. They might decide to put you on some medication to help your mood become more stable. Its important that you take medication as prescribed because it is part of therapy. But the doctor may well tell you its nothing to worry about.
    brknsilence likes this.
  4. lifetalkz

lifetalkz Well-Known Member

It seems like you might be going through a growth spurt-losing interest for certain people, places and things that used to be important to you. It's a natural part of leaving your teens and going into your early twenties-that doesn't make it any less scary though. I don't mean to minimize in any way the power of your feelings (or lack of them)-I only mean to suggest that there are certain changes that you will be going through that are signs of growing up and maturing. I agree with SK-feeling down is not the same thing as being depressed. It could be that what you're going through is a normal, natural process and nothing to be alarmed about-all the same, I would mention it to your GP. Good luck to you-LT
    brknsilence likes this.
  5. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

You are not a "problem" and you have no way of knowing 100% if someone has never liked you in more than a platonic way. Someone could have or could right now and just hasn't told you. At 18 you still have yet to meet sooooo many people. Seriously, the world is your oyster. Have you lived in the same town for a while? Done the same things with the same people day after day? Maybe that had something to do with this neutrality you speak of. Maybe you need some change in order to excite you again. If you do feel depressed it may not be a bad idea to talk to your doctor about what's going on. Take care.