I don't see the meaning for life anymore, whats the point of living?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Freefall11, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freefall11

Freefall11 New Member

I pretty much hate my life and everything about it. My job is horrible and i hate doing it but i have to since i need the money.

I don't really have a social life since people seem to hate me. I don't know why but i cant seem to make any friends, everyone at my job are complete asses and insult me everyday. Work is pretty much like high school for me which isn't good.

So then after work i go home to my crap apartment and spend the rest of the day alone. The highlight of my day is going on the internet and watching tv. Then i have to do it all over again tomorrow, but why? whats the point?

I don't know what to do anymore and i don't really care anymore.
  2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Hey Freefall.

That sounds really tough. There's nothing worse than crappy co-workers is there? :)

3. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

Sounds like your'e coming to the dead end of a rut.

Check out smk's thread 'I need something practical', I posted a suggestion there and Maya's post has some excellent suggestions too.

They're just ideas but there are opportunities out there.
  4. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

fuck the world.
  5. pensive1981

pensive1981 Well-Known Member

Mix it up. Go to Africa and do Habitat for Humanity for six months or something?
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Freefall
    Is there anything from your past that you use to like to do? Maybe find something like that to break up the monotiny of your everyday life. Find a hobby, Join a group therapy, There has to be an option to help get you out of the slump your in.
    Don't listen to angelo he never has anything supportive to say!! You really need to find some sort of distraction to change your way of thinking. Do you see a therapist? they can teach you how to cope and probably can help you to find something positive in your life!! Take Care!!~Joseph~
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Freefall11,

Welcome to SF. It's nice to meet you. :shake:

Why don't you take up a new hobby or join clubs for something to do in the evenings? Go somewhere to make new friends. You just need to keep your mind occupied hun :hug:

Have you seen a doctor about your depression? :hug:
  8. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

oh man that sounds terrible, ahng in there b-b-b-Buddie! you have friends here :smile:
  9. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

i am a newbie here. i am hanging on barely by a thread. i am sure glad i found this forum . just trying to register, add an avatar, and POST. . . .takes up time i could use checking OUT. i need to NOT do that. have 2 little girls. 11 and 16. need to stay HERE. but it is hard i understand what you mean. i have a relationship with God. but i feel that i screwed my life up so badly that well, that i just don't deserve to be HERE. wow. well. i am just wanting to say hi. just wanting to connect.
  10. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

What do you want your life to look like? :hug:
  11. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Sounds very much like my own circumstances. I wish I could offer better advice since I'm still trying to get through these ruts myself.

But I'm trying to inject a little bit more humor and adventure into my life. I just saved up my money to buy a trip overseas and I also started going to more humor websites. I also found a group of friends online to chat with.

I'm making a concentrated effort to do things. This weekend I am going to select a local sight and go DO IT. Come hell or high water. There's a couple of heritage museums in my area and a mountain to climb. And then I'll do something else the next weekend, and the one after that . . .

I've also started writing and reading more in my spare time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.