i dont see the point really

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by lastchancesummer, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i dont see the point really.

im profoundly lonely but im not social and never have been. i don't see the point in spending years and years crying and being lonely and eventually dying alone. i wish i didn't exist. what's the point? what is the sense? why simply exist to cry and struggle in misery for years and years until you eventually die? it doesn't make any sense. i don't see the point.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...go glad you found us...here you can meet people who feel as you do and are trying to connect...I have found that this does make things better as you do not feel as lone...please continue to let us know what is going on for you...welcome again
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi I am glad you are reaching out here that is the first step. You can talk to any of us here pm me so now you are not alone okay. There are therapies that can help you be more social and medication that can take anxiety away.
    Talk to your general doctor okay he;she can prescribe them. Also get you referal for a therapist to help you okay No need to spend years with fear you go and get some help okay. Keep talking here okay Make some new friends here as well hugs.
  4. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

hey, welcome to the forums.. :hug: I'm sorry you are feeling so alone right now. I also never used to make friends. Throughout my entire life. Maybe here you can come into Chat or post on the forums. Practice making friends here.

Life has a point. Life isn't all about how many friends you have, or what possessions you may own. Life has so much more to it then that! There are so many things you can learn in life. So many things you can experience. And so many people you can learn from.

I'm here if you ever need to talk to someone. Just PM me here on the forums in Chat. I hope you feel better!
  5. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Hello there. Welcome to the forum. I know you don't see it now, but there is always a point. Have you spoken to anyone about getting some help? Even just talking here can make a huge difference. :hug:
  6. no no. i'm not just saying there's no point cuz i'm sad. there really is no point. yes and i have a psychiatrist and it's pointless. i just spent the last three years on different medications for depression and social anxiety. three years of my life gone. i didn't make any friends. i didn't become more social. how is being stoned on medications better than being dead? it's the same. when im on medication i don't cry but i don't laugh either. what good is that? all i have to look forward to is years and years of painful loneliness cuz nobody wants me. i wish i could just stop eating completely and die. i'm really miserable and i've tried everything and nothing works. i've got nowhere else to go but out.
  7. total eclipse

I know you think you have tried everything but you cannot have that in such a little time you have been on meds. If the medicaiton is making you stoned emotionless then it is too high or not the right combination for you. The newer meds do not do that okay Therapy a good therapist can help you I have been on meds like you for over 2 years now and i have had to change them several times because my body just got use to them but i have had good days and so can you. As you speak to meds are being made ones with less side effects and more positve effects Don't give up hope okay because there is always a new door to open always that will bring you the peace and happiness you are looking for
  8. hi eclipse,

what if... i take meds and then people like me? they are only liking the fake person created by the drug not who i really am. what happens when the doctor takes me off the drugs? im back where i started. i don't see the point. my doctor wants me to take an anti-anxiety medication but it makes me feel fake. it helps but i think im just stoned when i take it and i think it makes me stupid. how is that different than just smoking pot all day? and even if the medication did work what's the point cuz he isn't going to give me the anti-anxiety med forever. he wants me to eventually start taking paxil and i argue with him cuz i read it's a zombie drug and makes you fat. reviewers write, "weight gain, loss of self, loss of sex drive, unable to orgasm, numbness of all emotions, numbness of feelings, loss of attention, mental fog" and people are saying they gained forty pounds and sixty pounds. what what? i'm little. i'd rather be dead. honestly, i dont see the point. my choices are to be a fat numb stupid pig with no emotions or pathetically miserable crying uncontrollably all day and lonely and hiding in my bedroom? really really? that's the choices available to me? honestly, do you see any point in that?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011
  9. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

Anxiety meds are not a cure, they're a bandaid. Therapy may be needed to address the underlying causes of your anxiety.
  10. .
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011

11. **Welcome to the forum**

Your life is not a waste.. We (everyone) in the forum cares about you.. You can always come to the forum and the chat room whenever you are feeling miserable, lonely and sad.. we are here for you.. :hugtackles::hugtackles:
  12. i'm scared. how do i edit or delete posts?
    only my most recent post has an edit button.
  13. damage.case

I recently started Buspar and Visteral for anxiety and have seen a little improvement. Buspar is a 3x daily and is slow acting so it doesn't really affect my functioning. I take the Visteral as needed and at first it made me feel like a zombie, but after a few doses I feel very little from it other than some drowsiness. I can function pretty well on it even double dosing. Tried the Paxil and didn't like it either. Just switched to Zoloft which I like better.
  14. damage.case

I think you can only edit them within an hour of posting.
  15. You can private message whoever the moderator on duty to help you delete your post..

What has happened to make you want to delete your post..?:unsure:
  16. total eclipse

You know what meds do not make a fake you they do not make you someone you are not. They give you back you own sense of self okay. If you feel stoned as you say then you are on a too high dose. I am still me on the medication but i am someone that can function now someone that can go out and do the things i want to do i need to do. Meds don't change who you are or were they give you your life back as it was before the depression.
    I am on wellbutrin and it actually helps me loose weight You have choices good choices to make therapy meds getting you back to where you want to be.
    All the meds do is correct an imbalance of serotonin dopamine that was depleted because of stress.
    Give it a try if you don't like it quit but you will see after the first 6 weeks you will find you again and be happy you had.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.