i dont see the point

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kaz5982, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaz5982

Kaz5982 New Member

this is my first post here. i came here looking for like minded people who for whatever reason had just had enough. i have! but i am finding no support, only people telling us not to do it. if you are all so pro life what are you doing here. i want support and adviceto help me end it. if i wanted reasons to live i would search for a pro life forum!
  2. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

Suicide Forum is the one place you cannot talk about ways and methods of committing suicide. As for support, there is no support for suicide however there is support for holding on to your dear life. Of course if you are suicidal, then you probably do not think your life is so dear after all.

You are right in the sense that this site does not promote suicide. If anything this site should have been renamed to anti-suicide forum because that is what this site is really all about, helping people to not commit suicide.
  3. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

well.... you found a pro-life forum! in answer to your question what are people doing here - they are searching for all sorts of things, answers, questions, reasons to live, reasons NOT to commit suicide, coping mrchanisms, support to change their lives around, make friends....etc.... the list is endless.... but the thing in common is that when most people joined here they were either suicidal or have been. you won't get the help or advice to end your life here. but perhaps you might be able to talk more about why you feel you want to TAKE that drastic step and be able to explore other pathways.....

oh welcome to the forum by the way :p
  4. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

If even a wounded animal went into some vets - and it was limping terribly - in real agony! The vet would have the option of killing the suffering animal or healing it.

I'm not saying you are like some dog - far from it - but you asking us to help you kill yourself - it would be like just a drastic solution for a problem which CAN be healed.

Why not just treat the dogs injured paw?

And with you - your mind is messed up right now. You might say it has always been so - but ask your mum - I bet you smiled - once, and evidence is there.

As for getting help here - you have to be patient. You should 'devour' the forum because people have answered questions you ask.

People who join now with one post can either just leave - it might not be for them - or they can say "I'll make 100 posts and see if that helps" - trust me - someone will connect with you - on an intellectual kind of level in that you need to talk through a difficult subject and have a LOT to say.

I know your holding back all that stuff you would like to pour out.

Most people who kill themselves - its like a conversation would have made ALL the difference at that time. You have to think nobody gives a damn a lot of the time - nobody understands and so on.

Reasons for dying, turned around on their head, are reasons for living.

Good luck - hope you at least TRY to invest a little time in what is your life.

A few weeks can make all the difference now you can hang out with people like you. Yes - you think your the only one - lol. Really?

We are unique though. This insight we have comes at a cost but when it pays off it really is worth it. Now I've gone through a few decades I have like a Series of Books of suicide notes. Like telephone books - 100,000 issues per book. Issues about issues. I though that I had more issues than everyone here combined and times to the power of a million!

For me now - we all share 'depression' in a general sense - the off-spins of the original disease, condition, obstacle? - make it harder - as we tend to see the disease as manifesting in a variety of ways. Self hatred - loathing - stress - panic and suicide ideas. If the depression can be tamed (which is a win-win cure also) then all the rest is just window dressing you need to take down. It will come down naturally - just deal with the root cause!

Hope this helps - I don't know you YET, but see someone like me who first came and I guess I wanted someone to say "Wow - with you, its like suicide is a good idea' - my cynical self eh?

So - get over the idea that dying is better than sharing 100 posts.

If after 100 posts you think "I still feel this way" - maybe by then you can get a few buddies here - and maybe you will have someone to talk to who is not about to 'out you' because they are looking to share but not to the world.

Later for the rest.
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

If you go back and look at the header you will see that under suicide forum it says for people in crisis..I was suicidal when I came here and my curiousity got the better of me.. I have been here ever since.. The members here have saved me three times..I'm on a countdown right now but have peeps here who are supporting me..I honestly don't know what I am going to do when the countdown reaches that day..Give the forum a chance and see if they can't help you..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.