I don't see why I should go on.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by M4321, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M4321

M4321 New Member

Hi, this is my first posting here so I'm not quite sure if I'm doing this right. I graduated law school 2 years ago but have yet to find a job as a lawyer. It has always been my dream to be a lawyer and I've dedicated so much of my life to trying to accomplish it. The prospect of not being able to do it absolutely devastating. I don't see why I should have to continue on when I know I'm not going to have to live a life that I do not want to have and will always hate. I know that sounds extreme but I honestly feel that if I cannot be a lawyer then I will never be happy again for the rest of my life, and I don't see the point in continuing to engage in such a terrible life.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Can you not set up a private business of your own and get clients that way i don't know if that is possible or do some volunteer work to get the job experiance that is being looked for

3. M4321

M4321 New Member

I do clerk for an arbitrator, but that's only part time work and not a long term solution. I have thought about starting my own practice but that's a lot harder than you might think. I'm not confident that I have the money right now to pay for rent or that I would have a strong enough client base.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i do understand i guess one would have to build up a client base before attempting to open ones own business I do hope you can find perhaps a partnership to help share the bills

5. M4321

M4321 New Member

Tried partnership, no one is interested. The only thing that gives me joy in life is being able to be a lawyer. Take that away and I have nothing worth continuing on for. I'm not interested in getting married or having kids, all I've ever wanted in life is to be a lawyer. I've dedicated so much of my life trying to attain it and being faced with the prospect that it won't happen is the most devastating blow of my life. I just don't see any reason I should continue on when I'm going to have to live a life that I do not want to have.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
  6. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

Could you offer your services freely through an advice agency of some kind? Possibly Legal Aid type work. Hefe in UK that could be an idea.

This will get your name established and create a reputation.

7. M4321

M4321 New Member

I'm in the USA, but that's something I'll look into. I've applied to numerous legal aid groups and haven't gotten anything so I'm not sure there's much more I can do on that front.

8. rosi

rosi Member

Im sorry you feel this way. Im sure you will find a job. I m living the same as you but about loneliness so you know you that feel to not see the point in continuing this life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.