I don't think I can do this

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by msbee, Oct 16, 2016.

1. msbee

msbee Member

ive been having severe panic attacks for the last few months and I don't think I can do it anymore. If this is my life it's a life I don't want. I am a financial and emotional burden on my friends and family. I do t see this ever getting better. I constantly feel like I'm dying so I might as well go ahead and do it for real. There are so many "brave" people out the living with mental illness but I'm not one of them.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I am sorry you are going through this, panic attacks are awful, have you sought medical help and treatment? There are medications like xanax and valium and lorazepam that could help you. Do not give up just yet, please try and get help for yourself you owe yourself that much :)

3. msbee

msbee Member

I have. I'm in therapy, in two meds, and starting am with another therapist who specializes in anxiety. Nothing seems to be working and I'm tired of living with this screwed up brain. I want the control suicide would give me.

4. Petal

I know it's easier said than done but you can gain control over your life again. If nothing is working, i'd suggest seeing another doctor/psychiatrist and give your new therapist a chance. What helps you the most when you are suffering through a panic attack? Are your friends and family supportive?

5. msbee

msbee Member

They are. And I'm grateful for that but I know I'm placing huge burdens on them. And its humiliating. I'm a grown woman. I should be able to handle this but it's taking over my life

6. Petal

I totally get where you are coming from, im 27 and still live at home ( i have moved out in the past for 3 years) but back home now and its embarrassing. I wish I had a magic wand that would fix all your problems, but slowly but surely you will get where you want to be. What steps could you make towards moving out and having your own independence? Please get well first though and put all your attention to getting healthy again. Please keep talking if it helps. You're not alone.

7. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum and SF family. Petal is right, when you hit wrong bottom it causes to feel loss. YOU ARE NOT A BURDEN TO ANYONE. You are a fellow human being who is hurting a lot. It's going to take time to get over the aniexty feelings. Some days are going to be high and other days are going to be low. Don't worry now, you are no longer alone but among people who understand and want to help YOU.

Keep posting and take care.

Petal likes this.
  8. msbee

msbee Member

Thanks to you both. I live with a roommate and I have a full time job so I sort of have some things together. But I'm barely holding on and every day is like a marathon. I know it would upset some people if I died but it's also hard to imagine there wouldn't be some relief that they would have to deal with me and my issues anymore. I just wish I ha a normal, non anxious brain. Hard to believe thing s will ever be better

9. Petal

You are welcome hun. I suffer from severe anxiety, listening to music and having baths and talking to my sister helps me. I assure you no one would be better off without you. You just feel like that because you are suffering so much. It's great you have a full time job, do you like your job? Do you have work friends? Maybe go out and have fun with them. What approach is your new therapist taking, do you know?

10. msbee

msbee Member

I do like my job (most of the time haha) and I have my ballet classes which are real lifesavers. I don't have many friends but I have a few and I spend time with them. I have good things going on in my life but I can't help but think screwing it all up with these panic attacks.

New therapist is for CBT which I hear can help but I'm having a hard time believing it will work for me.

11. Petal

For what it's worth CBT helped me tremendously earlier this year I am thinking of going back for anxiety though again soon. Go in with a positive attitude and open mind and it might help. They do chain analysis to see what you're really afraid of, it's actually kinda fun, well I found it fun but I am weird lol
    Glad to hear you have good things going on in your life. That is brilliant. We just need you to overcome your anxiety and fears and together we will get you through this!! (hugs)