I don't think it's a problem

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by cayzira, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cayzira

cayzira Well-Known Member

I do drugs, not the bad type... nothing illegal. Spice, Summer Doves, Kratom, and Salvia mainly. I'm not an addict, I try to only do somthing once every 2 weeks, but recetly is't been more like twice a week.

I've always had the view that cos it's not illegal, it's not a problem. But I'm not sure thats true. Kratom (An opiod) is very addictive, and the first time Susan had Spice, she went uncontious on me. Even with these possible problems with the stuff, we always figured we were fine, we tried never to do it alone, and tried to restric how often we did it. But with Susan in hospital, I've started on my own, and a lot more often. I'm worried I'm gonna end up like my Mum.

My Mum is an alcoholic, she has been for as long as I can remember. When she met her current partner Iain, she was ok for a bit, but now she's drinking again. I hate her when she's drunk, it's pathetic. When I was a bit younger I used to get up early and take out the trash so she woulden't know how much she'd had, now I just don't give care enouth.

I don't want to get as a ddicted to the stuff I'm on, as she is to alcohol. I have an addictive personalitly, I became "addicted" to smoking pretty easily, and found coming off my Diazapam to be absolute hell. I don't wanna stop with this stuff, it's nice, but I don't wanna get fucked up by it.

I don't know where I'm going here, so I'll stop typing.
  2. GaiaMischief

GaiaMischief Well-Known Member

If you don't want to stop...if you can't stop without some kind of unpleasantness...then it's technically an addiction. Whether it's a problem or not is certainly debatable. In my view, an addiction is only a problem if it's causing you or others hardship, or if it's become a major financial or health risk.

I don't know a lot about the drugs you're doing...but in general there's a rule about substance addiction: you eventually need to take larger and larger doses to enjoy the benefits the drugs give to your body as it becomes accustomed to it. So while it may be ok now, eventually it's going to become a problem from a health perspective as well as a financial one.

My best advice if you think you're in danger is to try your best to gradually reduce your dosage while you're still relatively early into this cycle. There comes a point where it becomes just impossible to get off substances on your own, imo.

By the way, I know that this is harder than it sounds. I'm currently going through a similar situation with alcohol. I don't really think it's a problem right now because I don't have a huge BURNING desire to do it, but having a drink is definitely something I look forward to when the opportunity comes around. The idea of cutting myself off from alcohol permanently scares the hell out of me...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2008
  3. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

Hi Cayzira,
    My name is Joseph and i felt led to pm you. so how are you doing? are you still taking Kratom? How's Susan and your mum (is she still alcoholic).

well if you want to tell me anything, let me know for i believe there is a reason for being told to pm you.

Luv, Joseph.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.