I don't understand senseless murders

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Sparrow91, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

Got news that an old friend of mine was murdered this weekend. Was stabbed but declared brain dead from hemorrhaging.. I'm assuming whoever stabbed him beat him too.. What the hell is wrong with people!!!!!! He had a young daughter who is now going to grow up without a father , I hope they find the asshole who did this!

Why the hell don't people think! Why don't people care for one another! For crying out loud you don't have to like everyone but have the decency to leave the people you hate alone! Murders, racism, sexism hate just fucking accept others! I understand everyone has their own opinions but don't let your opinions harm others

I just don't understand some peoples mentalities , I don't understand what drives a person to cause pain to others..

I don't know if this should be in rants but these are questions I'm sure no one really has the answer too I just need to express my feeling cause I can't hold anymore stress in me, I feel like puking
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That is just awful! I can't even put into words to describe my disgust for someone who would do this. The little girl will grow up probably not even remembering her father if she's that young. It's exactly what you said...senseless...

I don't think anyone can answer your question as to why people carry out such horrific acts. Bless them all. I am so sorry for your loss, if you need me you know where to find me. :hug:
  3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I am also at a loss to even begin to attempt explaining why people choose to do these things. Because it is just that, a choice. And most of it boils down to differences of opinion.
  4. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I watched a documentary recently & one of the reasons some people murder is to gain notoriety. There was one case where a guy met another guy in a gay club and invited him back. They indulged in a sex game where the guy he picked up died. The coroners verdict was death by misadventure. The murderer was insensed by this & phoned the police telling them they had got it wrong and that it was infact a murder.

But I think in your friends case Sparrow it maybe just random; he was unlucky to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope his little girl remembers her Dad for the lovely Dad he was to her

5. Sparrow91

Im young and I shouldn't know some many who have passed but sadly I have known many friends who have died to pointless acts, it drives me mad more than it does sadden me, my heart is sad but my anger I think has begun to overwhelm me more than before.. Everytime I hear about another death more anger builds.. I guess I have more determination to stop senselessness ...And I agree meaningless vessel it is a choice, it's a matter of opinions, I just wish people would think twice before acting out on them..
    Twocky, I have seen documentaries like that, it's insane! I see people who have killed like you said to be famous, others for money, some for simple things like these two girls who killed their friend because "they didn't want to be friends anymore".... It just crazy

I'm not sure what his circumstances were at the moment of his death, but no one deserves it, and you're right petal, his daughter is young, I'm sure she won't have any memories of her father ... Maybe a very faint one if she's lucky..
  6. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Some people get involved in things that they shouldn't have gotten involved in and that's what ends up killing them. When it's a situation like that, like for instance if a drug addict tries to steal a bundle off a drug dealer because he was broke and needed the fix, and then got shot, I can't help but feel like it's his own fault. Not saying anyone deserves to die over things like money or drugs, but I just think it would have made him partially responsible for his death. Innocent people, however, who were just, like someone else said "in the wrong place at the wrong time", that's different. But more often than not, in murder cases, the victim often did something or other that made someone want to kill him/her. Again, not saying that whatever that "something" was, was necessarily worth killing someone over, but the point is it's less likely to happen if you don't involve yourself in anything that's going to really piss someone off. In my neighborhood, about 5-10 years ago a woman got shot in the head out front of the deli that she worked at when she was on her cigarette break. My mom knew this woman, and I used to go to elementary school with her kid. Turned out the reason it happened was because she had told a friend of hers that she should divorce her husband because he was violent and abusive and she deserved better. Well, the woman decided to take her advice and the husband didn't take it so well, he also found out that this other woman (her friend) was the one who gave her that idea. He pulled up to the deli, waited until she came out to smoke, and just shot her point blank in the head and then shot himself. And her kid, who used to be a decent kid from what I knew about him, was never the same after that, and became a drug addict. Granted, it was a terrible thing that happened to her and she didn't deserve it at all, but if it was me and I personally knew the guy and knew he was capable of snapping like that, I wouldn't put myself in the middle of the situation, I'd just call the police. At least that way it'd be anonymous and both me and my friend would be safe. I don't know, I mean I hope this doesn't come out wrong and make me look like a dick, but I just think people should be more careful about where they decide to go, what they do, and what they say to people. But like I said sometimes yeah, the person is completely innocent and it was just really bad timing to be somewhere.
  7. Sparrow91

Asphyxiateonmisery, I take nothing you said to offense. I agree people should be award of what situations they are in, I feel that it's sad though that one can not help a friend without the fear of repercussions. People who kill others are what causes the problems even if we take full precautions our actions may always be a fault in someone's eyes. If that makes sense.. The story you told is tragic and yes going to the police may have helped but it could have drawn his anger toward his wife... We can put ourselves in risky situations which will lead to death but at the same time the person who decides to kill is the one who makes such situations risky to begin with..
    I just wish for more sense but it's a wish that will never come.

I feel that people should avoid gangs drugs etc because I will be partly their responsibility I something awful happens to them but at the same time I also realize that there are situations that can make someone to go towards a life that they may have not wanted.. For example a child who grew up with no support only that of a gang.. They can rise above the problems but sadly that's where many do not succeed

I do appreciate you're thoughts it allows me different perspectives
  8. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

You're right, the person who decides to kill is the one who makes the final decision to do so. I don't think anyone who isn't capable of killing themselves could possibly make sense of such a thing no matter how much they may study it or try to understand. I do find these things interesting though, I specifically chose to study social problems this coming semester because of that. But nevertheless, I don't think sociology or even criminology could help anyone understand it to the point where they could say "Yep, I empathize with why that person decided to do what they did." Understanding their point of view perhaps, is possible, if one considers their mentality, but not empathy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.