I don't understand why I feel like this

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Sunshinelove, May 18, 2011.

1. Sunshinelove

Sunshinelove New Member

I really can't fathom why I keep having these horrendous thoughts. I mean, I'm getting married, I'm having a little baby boy due in October, I have a loving supporting family, a Fiance that supports me, loving pets that keep wonderful company, a steady home, nice things... and all I can really think about is tying a rope around my neck and jumping off a building or sticking a gun in my mouth and blowing my face off, or killing something to help ease my anger and anxiety. I don't know who to go to or how to make it go away. I've tried all the home remedies I can to fix my depression, from exercising to trying to talk to someone close to me to cleaning excessivly or eating too much ice cream lol. No one seems to take it seriously because I seemingly have a perfect life! I don't know what to do, I feel trapped and alone and lost and angry. I'm not doing very well right now at all.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi you you could feel that way for many reasons you said you are pregnant Hormones unleveled can cause depression pre and post okay It is important to tell your obstetrician you are having these thoughts these emotions. hormonal imbalance can be corrected If there are other reasons you know and don't want to discuss then you need again a professioanl to help you through the pain of what happen Talk to your doctors get t he help you need now so you will be stable when your baby comes and you are married stress can cause depression get the help now okay don't put it off.
  3. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

Im sorry you are feeling so low sunshine just because you have a good life doesnt mean you cant have real clinical depression. The problem is if you were homeless or something and you went to get help then they would probably sympathise more but dont let that put you off asking. Depression knows no boundarys not age race sex location. It is a medical condition like someone on another post pointed out if you have an infection they would give you antibiotics depression is no different. There is still medication that is safe in pregnancy if that is needed but i think it may be if you are actually suicidal which it definately is. You can pm me anytime hunny and i left u a huge hug on my thread :D xx
  4. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

awwww so sorry that you going through this when you should be looking to your wedding and baby. as another poster said, hormones could be playing a big part. stress of the impending wedding too wont help. just because you have what people perceive to be everything doesnt mean you cant be depressed. but you do really need to talk to someone asap about your thoughts as its not just you but your baby at risk, but dont feel you are not entitled to feel the you do, depression hits indiscriminately. if you feel unsafe, maybe ring a crisis line just to explain how you feel to a real voice before you see your doc. take care hun :hug: