i dont understand

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ibelieficanfly, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibelieficanfly

ibelieficanfly New Member

Some People are making me thinking of what reasons i have to life.
    Why? If im dead it doesnt makes any changes, why should it move me dont killing myself.
    Isnt it selfish to rescue someone who whants to kill himself?
  2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hello, welcome to the forum :hug:

I think these people are just trying to be supportive. I know sometimes what people say it doesn't help or can make you feel worse, but I think they are trying to help. I'm sorry for everything you are going through. Would you mind telling us a bit about what has happened to bring you to this stage where you don't want to be here anymore?
  3. ibelieficanfly

ibelieficanfly New Member

Tanks for your Welcoming

I wouldnt say ive gone through hard times. It just seems im invisible. That was even wrote down by someone from my class for the final secondary-school examination journal "Like a Ghost, he was there but nobody knows anything about him".
    And so im thinking about what reason i have to go on. In my Opinion the most important thing in life is to be lucky in the last moment of your life. So why shouldnt i take the opportunity?
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

No it is not selfish, it is the right thing to always do, the main reason being that depression IS treatable and can be overcome, I have done it before, went through some serious suicide attempts and now I love life. It is precious, i know it is hard to see that when you are suicidal. You've made a great first step by joining here and interacting with members, this is a great peer to peer support forum.

Have you been to the doctors yet?

I am really sorry for what that person said in the secondary school. Ignore them, they're not worth it. Have you graduated, are you in college?

Keep talking to us here :)
  5. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

You are welcome

It's hard when you feel unnoticed or ignored in this world. I think you joining this site is a good start, the members here are really helpful and supportive. Hopefully you make some good friends and can get through this hardship. I hope that someone didn't write the exam paper about you?

I'm wondering if you have sought out professional help in the past?
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  6. Luie

Luie Well-Known Member

That more or less has to do with morality. Empathy is a part of all of us, but it is very hard for someone who has never been seriously depressed to empathize with someone who is (not that depression plays a role in all suicidal people). So when that person knows someone is going to kill themselves, they feel morally obligated to prevent them from doing so, and that lack of empathy prevents them from even considering respecting their wishes. Part of it is societal too, as if someone lets another person commit suicide, that someone is seen as immoral to the rest of society for allowing a human life to end. So they feel morally obligated to, say, "save your life". Therefore yes, in some parts, it is selfish, but the intentions behind the act are selfless.

By they way, there are really fun things only invisible people can do. Sure, less-invisible people will label you as invisible, but I wear that title with pride. It's not a bad thing. I can change personality traits whenever I like, I can appear "mystrearious" so that other people will be inclined to learn more about me, I can muster remarkable wisdom from my corner chair, and then refuse to defend my argument, making it seem as if I'm just smarter. You can also ask for pencils and then never give them back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.