I dont understand.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Angelo_91, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Well, Ive been taking Anti depressents for almost 8 months now and I just dont understand how my life isn't better. It depresses me even more to realize these pills aren't making me happy. I find it hard to believe anything will anymore. I just dont understand why even subscribe me to this shit if it isn't helping. I want to pretend it does but the pain is still there, the inching pain of hopelessness consumes me every night. I can't even sleep at night, because I feel so lonely. Every friend I thought I knew are just a bunch of assholes who only care about themselves except one. Is this how I have to live life? Is this what I get for wanting more? Am i supposed to feel this hurt til i get used to it? I just don't understand.

sorry for the random rant, I just dont know anymore, Im just sick and tired of waiting for the relief support to show up like it never does. all just a bunch of waste of emotions.

2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

the meds wont make you happy all by themselves as they are just a means to allow your mind to calm or settle down which in turn will allow you to make desicions that are not irrationnal or over emtional.

only you can make yourself or your life ' happier ' in whatever way you need to , be it a change of mammouth proportions say new job, place to live etc etc to something small just for you like a new hobby etc etc.
    how you deal with your depression will bring about change with your coping skills, support and daily routine.

but depression isnt something that can be cured over night, it will take time and patiance and alot of courage at times.

if you feel no better with your meds go back to your doc and explain this, maybe you need a different type.

dont give up, your not alone

stay safe

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

All the meds are for is to take the edge off your thinking. You have to put forth the effort to fight off those thoughts. I can't beleive they haven't told you to find a good therapist. That is what they are there for to help you learn to fight the thoughts. They will teach you coping skills and to not discount the positive thoughts. It takes alot of work. You may find some thoughts won't go away but you learn to deal with them on a dailey basis. My suicidal thoughts are with me all the time and my therapist says they will probably be with me for the rest of my life. You just learn to set them aside and move forward. Please seek the help it is well worth it!!~Joseph~

4. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

i forgot to mention ive been seeing a councellor for over a damn year, i know all that coping skills and shit but it just isn't enough, nothing seems enough. i have been putting effort, but then i realize i can't escape the end, i don't want to seem closeminded but i know, i already know how this will end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.