i don't understand!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by MourningAngel, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

i don't understand! i'm going to a new school now, where for a change i'm not an outsider and people aren't mean to me but right now the urge to cut is extremly strong. i don't have to take the school bus anymore and i'm not scared to walk through the town my school is in, then why do i want to SI so badly? the urge startet when i was on a weekend with my class and i really don't want to start again until i can know that i can hide it effectively but it's so hard to resist :sad: i don't know what to do and i simply don't understand it, what's wrong with me?
    can anyone help me, please? i don't want to loose my new friends,... because of it :(
    thx for any replies

2. lost43215

lost43215 Well-Known Member

Im not a cutter myself, so I really cant say I understand what your going through. Im thinking though that your so used to cutting all the time that it's become basically a habbit, kinda like smoking or tying your shoes (i know, bad comparisons). Now that you really dont need to cut, u know u dont, but the urge is still there. All i can say is get rid of the blades or whatever you use to cut for one thing, and then just resist the urge. It sounds like things are on a much better track for your life and there's no reason to cut anymore. I know it'll be prob extremely hard to resist, but you have to. Maybe try to find a new hobbie or something to keep u occupied. Maybe if your occupied all the time, it'll take your mind off of cutting long enough that the habbit will drop.

Hope it works out for you tho... and enjoy what seems to be a new life :)

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You need to distract yourself until the urge passes as it will pass. Do something you enjoy listen to music go out for a walk distract yourself okay. Talk to someone you trust like a school councillor they will help you to are you on medication for this if not maybe talk with your doctor for help. take care enjoy your new school and friends

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.