I dont want to be a a pain to anybody else

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by liveinhope, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

:sad: I have been struggling now for a couple of dasys and although i value the new friendships ive made here i feel guilty when i feel like ending my life for talking to those i consider friend and burdening them with my deep rooted and sometimes very bleak thoughts.
    You all have enough to be dealing with thats why you are here and i hope i can help others when i feel able im sorry just sorry:sad:
  2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

:hug: Dawn.

I know we haven't spoken much before, but from what I've seen of you in chat, you're not a pain at all :hug:

When times are bleak, it can feel like you're a burden to everyone and everything - I feel like that at the moment too, but that's the depression talking hun, try to see past it to your friends and well-wishers who want you to stay here, of which I am one, and there are a lot of people here who'd agree with me, I'm sure :)
  3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

You're not a pain Dawn. I'm sorry recently I haven't been responding all that fast to your PMs but I do enjoy talking to you and would love to get to know you more and I mean it, not just saying it. You have never got on my nerves nor have you burdened me, far from it. Hang in there and lean on the people who care (including me) to help you get through this. :hug:
  4. see

see Well-Known Member

Always remember I am all ears inspite of my tears you not a pain you are a friend ok :hug:
  5. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling, you shouldn't suffer on your own or in silence. True friends will want to support you like you have them, I know I do. You have helped me other the past few days (and I'm sorry I never realised how much you yourself was hurting, I apologise).

You shouldn't feel guilty or like a burden..yes we all have problems we are dealing with, but for me helping someone or talking to someone who needs to talk and helping them thru a difficult time can sometimes also help me... if that makes sense. I guess, when were in the dark hole ourselves, talking to someone whose also feeling the same way, can make you see more...

Please reach out ur hands, and let us help you.

Lost xx
  6. liveinhope

7. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

This is very very common, Alot of people who have been here a little while stop talking about their own problems because people are used to them being around and supportive to them.

However much you love the people you meet here please remember that you came here to help yourself not them.

Alot of people have left this forum because they couldnt bare the loneliness of not being able to tell anyone their thoughts (Mia, Roewanne, Ishy, Jess, myself)

To help yourself, if you are feeling down post on the forums rather than address your problems directly to your friends, then if they are triggerable they can choose not to reply.

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Dawn I have never felt you to be a burden during any of the times we have talked. Please never feel as if you cannot feel free to say how you are feeling. We have worked through many things, and will continue to do so in the future. You support as well as are supported here. You came because you had a need that you were unable to fill. We are here for each other. That is how friendship works. :hug:
  9. sarahg

sarahg Well-Known Member

dear dawn u give so much time to others and we respect u and adore u and want to help love and hugs and here for u ...........
    hey friend lean on us xxx
  10. liveinhope

:blub::thanks: All
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.