I don't want to be another 'tragedy'

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Smashed__, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

I don't want to be labled as another tragedy.
    another person who could have been saved.
    another sick, selfish, disturbed, or preventable suicide.

I am tired of people being lumped into groups and suicide being tossed into that negative light. I have rights, so why is the right to take my life looked down upon? why must I be sick in the head because I see no future? I can choose how to live out my life, I can choose what I wish to happen once i'm dead. Shouldn't I be able to choose whether I live or die?

I will never understand the logic of some people.
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

There is a social stigma against suicides in most cultures.

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

Religion is to blame
    the fight between life and death created religion
    so taking your own life is seen as a death sentence to humanity

Thats weird to see that NONE of the religions and societies accept suicide legally and socially speaking
    Japan is not an exception to me as some practice it as a religious act
  4. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I have always thought to myself, that we can choose certain things in life yet we cant choose to end our own life without being called mentally sick. It is true that it is socially unacceptable to commit suicide but we have to live with ourselves everyday, the pain, the turmoil, sometimes it hurts like hell and we are expected to continue this never ending cycle.
  5. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

Yes of course you can choose it, but the fact remains that it is tragic just like rape, murder, bereavement - because it should be someone's birthright to have a good, fulfilled life - you can't reasonably expect everyone around you to see suicide as being perfectly okay, surely?