I don't want to be here anymore.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Astarael, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astarael

    Astarael Member

    I thought this community would be about support. It's not. It's about judgment and assumptions.

    I'm done with this place and I'm pretty sure I'm done with life. Good luck to those of you who are actually struggling. To those of you who are here only to be a big fucking hero and get their panties in a twist when they are exposed to truly suicidal people; well, you should seriously go somewhere else. Truly suicidal people don't need that kind of "help."
  2. max0718

    max0718 Well-Known Member

    Hey Susanne,

    I believe this community is unfortunately like everywhere else in the fact that you will always find people who try to bring you down for no reason. There are, however, a LOT of people who really do want to help. Did anything in particular happen? Do you want to talk about it?

    Anyways, drop me a pm anytime if you do want to. Don't give up on SF just yet!

    All the best!

  3. JM18

    JM18 Active Member

    If a some1 is suicidal, then the problem is in that person's head.

    Not a single person on our planet has problems that are 100% unique. There are others with same issues. The only deal is that they have managed to somehow figure those issues out and are dealing with them right now or even have already rid themselves of the problems.

    What the people here, on this site are doing are trying to get people who find themselves suicidal to think, to truly figure out their problems.

    If you wanted support, what exactly did you want? You wanted someone to what? tell you that everything will be ok, no matter what?

    Well actually, this site has people like those.. i personally am not one of them, but they're necessary. It's necessary to give a person hope, if person doesn't have any him or herself. Only once there is hope and once the person is willing to get better can you start really aiming for the problem.

    What you say is true in a way, there are so to speak " hero wannabes " here... Heck, i'm one of them. If A SINGLE PERSON on this site says: " Guys, you've helped me a lot, you helped me through the hard days and now i'm actually not depressed nor suicidal anymore " then i feel fucking awesome, i would even like to believe i have saved a life. And if that means thinking for 5 seconds that you're a hero... then i don't mind.. a boost in selfasteem is more then welcome in my case.

    So truth be told, i think you came here looking for help... you didn't know yourself what kind of help you wanted or needed. You just know you didn't get it here and you're blaming others for it. 80% of the people here are sort of like cottonballs - They can't or don't want to harm anyone. The other 20% are arrogant know-it-all bastards... out of who 5% is actually right sometimes.

    So in the end of this fairly long reply... perhaps indeed this site didn't offer you what you needed, and perhaps indeed the only responses you got were judgemental. Fine, then go find help elsewhere (if you indeed want to be helped that is)... but don't say this site isn't about support.

    I'm a very sceptical person, yet i've seen how this site helps one person or another, even with the fact of someone reading what he or she says and in a socializing way.

    Anyway, best of luck.
  4. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    Please don't leave as there are people who care. There are very supportive people to who want to help others in pain help them hold on until the thoughts leave All of us have pain and just want to help each other please don't let one or two people upset you. Please hang out just a bit longer and really see people care.
  5. kbp

    kbp Active Member

    Welcome to what I've been trying to say since day one.
  6. ace

    ace Well-Known Member

    Susanne you can't generalize on the whole community,yes the forums are just like any industry and places sadly moron's and rotten apples everywhere.Remember who spoke to you with contempt and down on you in any such way are the real low life losers remember that,they're just cowards.i think on here you will find a massive of a percentage of people who really do understand and really mean what they say trust me,and it's alot better also than what you would get from a Dr also we do understand well majority anyway PM me if you like.
  7. Stranger1

    Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

    I agree there are bad apples in every barrel.. Don't let a few discourage you..For the most part the members here speak from the heart and past experiences..If someone gives you a hard time put them on your ignore list and you don't have to speak to them anymore..Give the forum a chance and hoepfully we will be able to help support you..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.