I don't want to go on

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by BH40, Mar 30, 2011.

1. BH40

BH40 Member

I'm new to this place so many of you wont know me...

I'm only 20 years old and have been severly depressed since I was 6 years old. My parent's think I am attention thinking and don't care about anything I say. Today, my own father tried to punch me in the head, knowing full well where he hit me could easily lead to brain damaged or worse..and now, I don't see why I should go on. My mum turned round to me and told me it was all my fault! I just don't want to go...its been going on for way too long and I'm just at a loss...I don't want help I just want to die...
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Perhaps it is time for you find a place of your own away from your parents away from the toxic environment you live in I hope you can get your doctor to talk to your parents about your illness educate them some so they do understand it is not all attention seeking
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

TE has good advice...
    I wish your parents would take your illness more seriously..
    maybe starting a life in a place of your own would be just what you need..
    time to put yourself first..you are important and deserve to be heard..
    take care
  4. BH40

BH40 Member

Thank you both, I'm moving out when I go to university and I'll look for a house whilst I'm there. I understand I need to get away but its difficult for me because I have a multitude of disabilities
  5. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

Hugs to you. It is not your fault. Sorry about the episode with your parents. Sometimes people (even families) don't realize how much they hurt us. Instead of being angry, they should be showing love and it is ashame that parents sometimes can not do this. When they start to rage, try to avoid them. I know it is hard when you want to defend yourself, but it is better to try and go to a quiet place and ignore them.
  6. BH40

BH40 Member

I found out today that my Nan (my fathers mother) has disowned me, saying it was my fault that what happened did happen. I understand that part of it was my fault as I retaliated but still...I only retaliated after he tried to hit me..I don't know what to do. She'll make the rest of the family hate me like she did with one of my aunts..