I don't want to live

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by TheAngryLoner, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAngryLoner

TheAngryLoner New Member

I just don't want too live anymore. I am a sociopathic theif cause I steal food off my room mates plate. I show no remorse is what they say. Its a compulsion and also thinking of killing myself. No one cares about me.When they mess up they don't get punish for it. Just want to end it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, AngryLoner. I'm sorry you are having difficulties. I want you to know that people here care about you - even though we hardly know you yet. You are a person and it sounds like your room mates are not very understanding about your compulsive behavior.

Many people lash out at someone else even though they don't get punished/told off for their own mistakes. It can be an ego trip to make someone else feel badly over a small thing. Have you explained your compulsions to your room mates? Do they realize that it's a disorder not just something you do to bug them?

I somehow doubt you are a sociopath for taking some food off someone's plate. Have you seen a doctor to get a diagnosis and/or help with compulsive behaviors? It might be worth a try.

I sure hope you hold on and don't kill yourself over taking a bit of food from someone's plate. You're upset right now. When we're upset, we don't think clearly - we see things as hopeless and awful. Those feelings will settle down and you will have a better perspective on things then. So please, let your feelings settle. I think maybe your room mates are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this food and no remorse stuff. If you had no remorse or concern about it, then their comments wouldn't bother you at all. You are bothered. I think maybe you feel picked on and misunderstood. I know I would. It's not as bad as they're making it out to be, and you don't need to kill yourself over this, hun. OK?

Maybe consider the trip to the doctor and find out how to manage things.

Keep us posted on how you're doing.
    SillyOldBear likes this.
  3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Hey Angry, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us and hope you get the support you need here. I agree with Acy. Taking food off someone's plate does not make you a sociopathy. Having a compulsion, and being a sociopath are two vastly different things. Do you have any thoughts on why you take the food from your roommates plates? Do you eat what you take? Sometimes figuring out why you do something can help you stop it. And it certainly isn't worth killing yourself for. So please fight that thought. And as for other people getting away with stuff when you don't; that is just one of those things that happens. It is frustrating as hell, but it happens. What kind of environment do you live in? Is it a dorm? If so, you could probably register a complaint there. Or open up a dialogue with your roommates and let them know what they do that bothers you. Don't be vengeful about it. Just share your concerns.

Take care of yourself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.