I don't want to live

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Joey's sister, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Joey's sister

Joey's sister Member

This is so very hard some days:( I'm about to go to a "compassionate friends" meeting for survivors of suicide. I really can't bear this pain.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope the meeting helps decrease your sadness and pain some I hope reaching arms and understanding hearts will help you heal. I know the pain is very heavy right now but please hold one it will lessen in time and your brother's memory will be more of happy times and not sad. take care okay

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Can you share with us, who was lost to you? I only ask because it would affect my answer as I am dealing with the loss of my best friend.

I think the metting will be very positive and supportive for you! Please pm or answer here if you wish to continue this convo. Hope you will be ok, in time...which I would also like to discuss with you.

Mike

4. yous

yous Well-Known Member

At least you are doing something to cope. I've given up on friends and the whole idea of solving my depression. I do try some days to understand and move forward, but there are days that just swallow me.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

she lost her brother not long ago and her pains is still very deep.

6. yous

yous Well-Known Member

I'm terribly sorry.

7. Joey's sister

Joey's sister Member

Thanks, yes, I lost my brother on June 21st. Today is another terrible day. He was a member at our pool too, and today we always had a picnic on Labor day at the pool. The day has been so horrible that my mother in law came and got the kids and took them herself. I might go later, I might not. This is definately one of the days that this pain totally swallows me whole.
    Thanks to you all for your support. The meeting actually DID lift my pain and helped me connect to others who lost people to suicide. Too bad it's only once, every other month.

8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you went to the meeting and it went ok....I so wish we had one here but my counselor is starting one in the new year and I will be the first on the doorstep when it opens..
    hopefully you can make friends there and they will be some comfort to you between meetings...
    take care