I drink because...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Cortez, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I hate myself so much.
  2. Seems_Perfect

Seems_Perfect Well-Known Member

I want to kill the pain inside.
  3. space_monkey

space_monkey Member

^^ thats the one i want to kill the pain inside
  4. Sephaus

Sephaus Well-Known Member

I prefer it over sobriety
  5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

do you guys realize that alcohol is a substance that will actually make your depression worse?
  6. black_rose_99

black_rose_99 Well-Known Member

I like who I am when I'm drunk.

Yep IV, it is.
  7. Androgyny

Androgyny Well-Known Member

* I like it
    * It helps me sleep
    * It makes it easy to distract myself from the bitter pain, heartbreak and hollowness that plagues every minute of my life.

@ IV2010

It's hit and miss. I find most often that it makes it easier to get lost in passive, meaningless, mindless shit and helps me forget how cripplingly depressed I am. It's common knowledge that alcohol is a depressant, and your point honestly borders on condescension (though I'm sure it was unintentional), but there's a reason so many people have turned to it in times of need.

Sometimes, it DOES make things horribly worse, but to be truthful, for me, it's a risk I'm willing to take, because more often than not it simply helps me forget and have a little fun without that nagging voice going off in the back of my head reminding me of why everyday feels like a fucking funeral. Pathetic? Well, that's in the eye of the beholder... I'm just doing what I can to survive.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2011
  8. space_monkey

space_monkey Member

ive never used drugs/drink as a crutch im my life before but over the past 3/4 weeks ive drank almost everyday a week last friday i stopped doing all the drugs and hid my mcat, coke, mdma and ket somewhere i knew i couldnt get the bags back , but then im just really on the drink now it seems to help stop the pain/thoughts atm i think even if its just for one night i cant stand my own thoughts atm....
  9. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

...it helps me forget
  10. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

said it better thabn i ever could
  11. Wraith

Wraith Member

I like to drink because it makes me feel good and numb, it kills the pain and stops me from thinking about all of it.
  12. Emerald Hyperion

Emerald Hyperion Not So Well-Known Member

I like to drink because it helps me forget about how much a total failure I am, and its the only time I can put up a false sense of security and delude myself from the actual truth.
  13. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

because of the numbness

which is good and bad

but its been a while, yeah for me!
  14. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

it stops the voices at best or slows them down so that i can ignore them..i sure as hell dont find it a depressing to stop the mind chatter, its a relief, works better than any meds for me :yay:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.