I eat and then i feel guilty about it then i purge

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by givenuponlife, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. givenuponlife

givenuponlife Well-Known Member

I eat and then i feel guilty about it then i purge ..... i know i have to eat but i feel like i am sick to my stomach after eating almost every meal once i purge i feel better.... Some days i only eat one meal and i still feel that way.

i am trying to fight this without medical help cause i dont want to be back in the hosptial i hate it there

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Do you have an 'safe' foods? That it is ok to eat? If you do, try and stick to those, because hopefully you shouldn't feel the need to purge these foods.

Also, how are you with drinks? Could you drink milk, smoothies, yoghurts, juices, etc? Those would be much better than nothing because it would be getting some energy into you.

It does sound like you need more help than you are willing to let yourself get.

There will probably be other ways to help you than hospital. Have you got a therapist? Is there the possibility of an OP program? Might be worth seeing what is about in your area.

Purging is very dangerous and you are risking your life every time you purge.

Maybe if you can eat a tiny bit, and often and not purge, that might be a good way to go. You could give yourself, or work towards, or promise yourself, a really positive treat. something you have wanted for ages.

Good luck and keep fighting.

3. givenuponlife

lets just say i drink lots of water and i chew lots of gum

other then that well there's not much to say......

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I could be way out of line here, but how exactly are you fighting this?

5. Lucie

Lucie Well-Known Member

I know how it feels to want to purge, but if you can manage not to do it once or twice it gets easier to stop altogether. Distract yourself until the urge goes. Perhaps u could try eating small portions of food throughout the day to avoid a bloated stomach - can be a trigger.

6. givenuponlife

lets just say yeah u r a bit out of line but the way i am fighting this is i dont eat much now .......

less i eat the less i feel like purging but it still happens, its not that i feel full its just my mind saying i need to do it.

And i have been in the hospital enough with my depression i dont want to have to go back there i hate it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.