I even sceewed up killing myself . . .

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by FrankLapidas, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrankLapidas

FrankLapidas New Member

. . . just like I've screwed up everthing. I ordered a <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Methods> from amazon.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
  2. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

I'm really sorry you are in so much pain you felt you had to take this step and understand why, since a certain amount of planning went this, you feel you feel let down with yourself. I think a lot of people in your situation feel this way - they are often very glad later that their attempts did not work out. Instead they credit their attempt with the beginning of getting better since often the next step is to get more effective help in dealing with the pain. Two thoughts:

1. Your attempt was not a failure, but a success of your basic urge for self-preservation and a sign that something is working correctly.

2. When you are in this much pain, you need help. I don't know your situation so don't know what kind of help that is - it may range from the pharmaceutical to fix underlying biochemical depression to the practical to deal with such things as finances, relationships, employment, housing etc. Humans help each other - it is in our nature - and there is nothing wrong with seeking out and accepting that help. Often unsuccessful suicide attempts are the first step towards getting that help and I wish that for you.

Do you have someone helping you right now? Do you have a therapist?

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

PM me if you want to chat xxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.