I failed

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by apx24, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apx24

apx24 Member

So I failed my final year at university. So I am now 21, with no job experience and no degree. I'm fucked.

I was able to cope with my depression before, but in the last few months it got the better of me and it affected my work. The university knows about my problems, and I'm on therapy and medication (40mg citalopram) and it did nothing.

So now I am a overweight, unemployed, unemployable loser with no skills and no friends. People like me are meant to kill ourselves. It would save the state a lot of money.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Can you not do your final year again?
    I wasn't happy with my final grade and re-did the last year.

3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Ap24,

Your are NOT a failure. You are young and have the rest of life in front of you. Yes, at the moment life is tough but trust me it does get better with time. Success does not come overnight (cliche) but takes time. Just be strong but take each day as it comes. You can get overcome this in time. Keep posting and take care.

4. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

As an adult, you know what to do.

I know it won't do any good to advise seeking professional help. Although I think it's probably your best bet.

5. ValentineBabe

ValentineBabe Active Member

Hello Apx24,
    Can you try another medication, I had to try several before finding the "right" one for me. With the proper meds you will find brighter days ahead, yes may take some time but there is hope. Stay connected here with sf community it's a great source of encouragement. Wishing you brighter days........:happysmiles:

6. apx24

apx24 Member

Thank you everyone for your warm and kind replies :')

I genuinely don't know what to do, that's the thing. I am seeking professional help, but it's not doing much.

7. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

how did citalo work for you?
    other meds maybe, yeah. and different therapy
    meantime maybe some charity work

8. apx24

apx24 Member

Thanks for the recommendation!
    I used to work in a charity shop but no I haven't really considered it. Having social anxiety means that the last thing I wan't to do is be around people.

I'm going to go to the doctors next week to discuss changing my medication.

9. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

yeah, the anxiety, though some charity work doesn't require face to face and social interaction. i was thinking so you had something on cv also
    here's to next meds working better!

10. NickA8326

NickA8326 Active Member

No way, I knew many people that just hung out around and screwed around after high school. I found out that most people our age are noobs that drink and avoid life anyways, so you're already a step ahead of them by caring about life and not avoiding it by thinking about your problems, and having the ability to post them on here and be a good person to others. Quit the crappy meds and love yourself, vitamins are good though. My old family would beg and plead me to go to therapy again, but I told them I got all the help that I was looking for from it, and now that issue is resolved and my new issues I don't want or need therapy for, so I won't go unless that changes for me, which it won't. Same thing with the meds except the meds make me stupid and worse at everything and I'll never take meds again cause they suck and make me not myself, which I do not want. You're not a loser, someone who's a loser is a 60+ year old fat ass single woman with her life built around being mean and avoiding people so she feels like she has power over people, they don't have the chance to reject her like they would if they got the chance, that acts like a man like my mom with a dead end life. You still have a future and are a good and decent person inside and out, you're not a loser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.