I fear bi-sexuals

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Adam_D, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Adam_D

Adam_D Well-Known Member

First of all, I'd like to say I'm a straight guy aged 24.

In my late teens, I have been cheated by a woman and I have thought that nothing worse than this could ever happen until a new horror haunts me.

I've dated another girl who said she was straight and later on, she said she was bi-sexual. This was something that made me fall apart inside and this new nightmare for my mind generated from that point. This happened when I was 22 at the time.

Even today, I still fear this sexual orientation and it cannot be helped. I am together with another woman and we have knew each other for nearly two years now and she was bi-curious once before she met me. This did disturb me, but I have learnt to tolerate it, but this wasn't easy to overcome.

All I am interested is an intimate relationship with a straight woman. That's all I want.

2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

well stop picking the bi's quite simple

3. Adam_D

Adam_D Well-Known Member

My point is that the ones that I came across who don't listen to my preferences from the start. If they did listen, then there woudn't be a problem in the first place.

I am just trying to be fair and honest here. No one likes bad experiences.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2007
  4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I hope you realise not ALL females are bi...

5. Adam_D

Adam_D Well-Known Member

I know.

Today, I have grown tolerant to a certain extent and wasn't like what I used to be, but sometimes, things related to this still gives me nightmares and fast heartbeats.

6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I sense a more serious problem here.
    I dont think it's the bi sexual part

7. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

Blackness, I very much agree with your (intuitive) insight. Adam_D's issue is not bi-sexuality per se, but why it manifests itself in such a - almost paranoid - fashion?

Sigmund Freud states that we are born bisexual but due to psychological developments turn monosexual (alas, the bisexuality remains in a latent state.)!!

Much has been written about the - mostly catastrophic - consequences of suppressing any aspect of ones own sexual orientation.

Adam-D, one interpretation of your adamant rejection and to what length you go as to firmly state your own sexual preference
    may be that your own sexuality is not as clearly defined as you would like it to be. I'm aware, that this is pure speculation and I lay no claim that I have uncovered surpressed feelings. I would like to think it is a starting point for you to investigate as to why you feel this way. I certainly don't. In fact, lots of my (sexual) fantasies circle around bi-sexuality.

8. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

You sure about that? I've never read anything about Freud and bisexuality one way or the other, but it doesn't square with the little I know about the rest of what he thought.

In any event, it sounds like utter rubbish, a bastardization the old tabula raza doctrine, nonsense not even Gould could defend. (I'm a big fan of Pinker, to let you know my personal biases...so take the above for what its worth. :wink: )

I'd say what Adam_D has done is taken a legitimate issue (getting lied to by somebody AC/DC) and inductively reasoned to a faulty conclusion that one instance of dealing with a bisexual means they all behave that way. A little Ockham's Razor goes a long way, you know.

9. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

...if that would be all one could deduct from Adam_D's posting, I would agree. Occam's Razor used as the rule of a thumb would work just fine.

But statements like
    and a few more are open for a different interpretation. It seems, not just one apple had spoilt the pleasure but more deep seated concerns have not been addressed, maybe not even been realised. Chances are, they have nothing to do with other persons sexual preference but with ones own perception as a sexual being.

Again, this is pure speculation, but reading between the lines points towards what I wrote previously.

Adam_D, I'm aware that this is your thread and best to wait for your contribution (before I get completely carried away and start talking about how the anal probing I received from the aliens improved immensely my sexual prowess....joking)

Maybe you like to elaborate, what exactly you find upsetting about a woman's bi-sexuality when you write

10. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

If I was with a girl and found she was bi-sexual...

I would cling to her so much more strongly

11. Adam_D

Adam_D Well-Known Member

It's not right for me. Sometimes, I even feel that my existence should even cease.

12. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

interesting post this .. personally I can't really see the problem with being bisexual unless you're worried that the person will have sex with girls behind your back and it would freak you out .. but if the person is good and faithful and honest .. should bisexuality be an issue?

13. vbuk

vbuk Staff Alumni

im bi - not ashamed to say it. i agree with riverbank - being bi-sexual means that your attracted to both male and females. i am - totally. but if im in a relationship say with a guy it doesnt mean that ill run off with a woman. i think u have trust issues. if a bi girl is with you - it doesnt mean she will run off with a woman. a straight woman could run off with a man. i think it is all about trust. try not to judge people on what they are and learn to love and trust them for who they are

clare x

14. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

my mother brought this up "well, i couldn't be with a bi..they'll never be happy with one sex" I am thinking to myself(and aloud) we are attracted to BOTH sexes it has nothing to do with being faithful..or monogumus!:blink:

15. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I don't understand. Why does it bother you if a woman is bi?