I fear something bad will happen if I get rid of OCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenforest

After reading info about OCD I now realize I have it. Everything matches suprisingly with my own thoughts. I know it's stupid to keep repeating these rituals and thoughts in my mind, and I know I could just stop it, but I really fear it would cause something bad. I don't want it. I could manage with other things, but I fear it will effect my relatives and close ones. I've had terrible thoughts about my relatives dying, and I fear it more than anything. I can't stop. Why am I like this? If I were sure nothing bad comes, I could just stop.

Wierd

Hey sorry for the late response, I just joined up. I have a very slight form of OCD I think - for example if I look to the left I want to look to the right too, and if I step on a crack in the sidewalk with one foot I want to step in a crack with another... and if I don't, I used to get quite bothered, even though it may not have been nearly quite as bad as what you have. So maybe I can understand what it feels like at least a little..

I found that if you relax and become aware of the feeling - if you stare the feeling in the face, and tell yourself nothing will happen, and try to relax yourself, it might help a little. Relaxing is important: I get more urges when I am nervous or tense. Also, you can have more control if you are more fully aware of the fully. Try to focus on it and analyze it, or something. By doing this, my urges have less control over me, although sometimes I still obey them just to relax when I am under a lot of stress.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same problem as you, Greenforest. Pretty much exactly the same. O_o I'm taking medication for it, but it still won't go away, and I know that I can just stop at any time, but I'm afraid to. It drives me crazy. >_> I can never stop thinking about something, and my OCD tells me that I can't say this, or can't do that, or else something bad will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00