I feel awful

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by persephone325, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. persephone325

persephone325 Active Member

But my life seems to be going smoothly. I mean, my mom has liver damage from her alcoholism but she's been doing better. However, I'm still feeling depressed and suicidal at times. I'm on Effexor AND Abilify, but I still have urges to hurt myself. I don't know why I feel like this.

2. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

Megan,
    I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Glad your mom is doing better though.

I'm sorry that you are feeling low at times :(
    Do you have someone you can talk to?
    Maybe your meds need to be adjusted some- that may help you.
    I hope you get to feeling better. :hug:
    I'm here if you ever want to talk.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Glad you are here hun sometimes just talking about things can help hugs to you

4. persephone325

Thank you both. :) *hugs*

I really never thought about asking to adjust my meds. I'm not scheduled to see my psychiatrist for two months because when I went and saw her just a few days ago, she said I seemed to be doing fine. But also said that if I start to feel depressed for a week or more that I should call her and schedule an appointment. Could maybe that be part of the reason I'm feeling pretty down?

5. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

Hello persephone325,

Your mother needs you, she currently seems to be passing through a difficult time and she needs you by her side - i am happy to hear that she is improving but she still needs you.

I have a few questions for you - probably however i would recommend visiting your doctor also.

- What dosage are you taking for Efexor?
    - When did you start taking Efexor?

6. persephone325

I believe I started taking it sometime in late March/early April. And the dosage I'm at right now is 225mg with 5mg of Abilify.

7. Constantinos

Hello persephone325,

The reason i asked was to see how much time passed from when you started. Since you still want to hurt yourself i would recommend you go to your doctor to see for an increase Efexor.

Also are you currently doing psychotherapy?

8. persephone325

Sorry for the late reply. I had no internet access for a while.

I currently only have a therapist and a psychiatrist.

9. Constantinos

No problems for the delay!

How are you feeling now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.