I feel bad again.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LostInDarkness, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My mother died two days ago. She was very ill. We are going to have the funeral the 12th of january and I turn 18 the 13th of january. We knew it was coming. Now I see no reason to live. I just feel bad because I feel like a looser. My mother didn't ever see me happy. It is the quilt that is killing me. I feel like I have never really lived. Should I give life a try? Go out and find me a girl? It is the only thing I want. To find a nice girl.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what it feels like to lose someone close to you.

Regarding finding a girlfriend, I think you should give it a try, what have you got to lose?
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I too am sorry for you loss hun i know your mother would want you to keep trying to keep pushing forward hun h ugs
  4. brunswick

brunswick Active Member

ya, i think so too. will it help to talk about how your mother has been there for you, despite her illness
    and how she has been strong for you
    and loved you

relationships are difficult
    especially when you are going through a difficult time
    not many girls can carry such a heavy load
    you gotta give her a chance too

remembering how your mother has loved you
    may help you love someone else
    don't expect the girl to be as nice as your mother

be prepared for her needs too

take care of yourself, your mother would want that
  5. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

My husband's mother recently died from cancer as well at 49, and he still hasn't really begun to deal with it...It's really tough :/ I still have my mom, but I know that the day I lose her will probably be the worst day of my life. I really empathize. I keep telling my husband though, that his mom would want him to keep going and make something of his life. And he also keeps saying that he feels guilty for all the bad things he's ever done or said, but parents don't take that stuff to heart, they love us no matter what and always forgive us. They remember the good things, not the bad. Plus, nobody's perfect...everyone has something to feel guilty about but there's no need to dwell on it.
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums.. I just lost my mother in october so I know how you feel..I found it comforting to talk to her when lying in bed at night..Now my dad is on his last leg.. He won't make it thru the new year..His organs are shutting down one at a time..As far as finding a girlfriend, I think you need someone in your life that you casn love..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.