I feel behind...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cloud9, May 21, 2010.

1. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

I got a message from a friend today. He'd been accepted to graduate school. I'm sure it was his first choice for a school too. He must obviously be excited. He offered me some study materials for the standardized I'd need to write to be accepted to a similar graduate school. Right now I'm really disappointed in myself. After four years of university my friend is moving in the right direction and right onto graduate school. I'll have my undergraduate degree this Fall and be no closer to the direction that I want to go. I'll need a year of two to pick up the courses and volunteer experience that I need......and then its no guarantee that I'll get in in the first place. That makes me feel lousy.

My dad even hinted that I'd wasted my time. Like what was I doing studying my current undergraduate degree? What a waste when at the end of the day I'd be changing direction. Its not like picking up those extra courses and volunteer experiences will be a breeze in the first place. I'll be doing all that in addition to a normal course load.

I'm a bad planner. I kind of wish I could go back in time and just change the program I wanted to enroll into.

I'm so disappointed right now.........I'm an idiot. I should have seen this coming years ago.

I'm behind.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No education is a waiste of time It will benefit you for the rest of your life. You are moving forward by keeping yourself educated. What does it matter if you have to take longer to get what you are reaching for as long as you are reaching for it.