I feel depressed and lonely on Valentines day

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Uri234, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uri234

Uri234 Active Member

Because I am ugly and poor I feel like I have nothing to offer to a woman relationship-wise and this makes me feel like I don't belong in this society or anywhere on this planet for that matter.

This makes me feel extremely lonely especially on Valentines day when I see couples kissing and going out together holding hands and here I am being an ugly, lonely and socially isolated loser.

Sometimes I feel like I was born in this body in order to suffer for no reason.

Maybe if I was never born at all it would have been for the better for me.

Overall my life has been a painful nightmare for me, from extreme financial/health troubles to relationship problems and social isolation.

Most of the time I just wish to fall asleep and never wake up anymore.

Why can't God just let me sleep forever and never wake up?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
  2. reynard_muldrake

reynard_muldrake Well-Known Member

Social isolation is something I struggle with too. While romantic relationships were never a concern, I'll often see groups of friends out and about and wonder why I am denied such privileges. We need to remind ourselves that life is not solely defined by acquiring friends and/or lovers. How are you handling your other issues? Do you think you can work on, say, improving finances?

3. stapleremover

stapleremover Chat Buddy

Sorry you're feeling so bad, but please know you're not alone. Valentines Day sucks for so many people - not just people who aren't in romantic relationships but also people who are in them and for whom the actual day never quite lives up to the expectations. I don't have a boyfriend right now but I can guarantee you that today is ten times happier than the countless Valentines Days I spent with husbands or boyfriends who didn't somehow magically make the day perfect for me.

It's so much worse to feel lonely when you're with someone than it is to feel lonely when you are literally alone. I'm going to cook myself a lovely steak dinner tonight and then binge on some fabulous Valentines chocolate that I bought for myself.

You should do the same thing. <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.