I feel died inside

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lanasummer, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lanasummer

lanasummer Active Member

I have been in bed all day. My body physically doesn't want to move. I feel so tired. Emotional.
    I had so much planned for the day but I couldn't simply get outta bed.
    I hate the life I am living. I don't think I could survive another year.
    And the saddest part is that no one notices that I am slowly dying. I didn't get a call or text from my parents or friends all day. I have tried to reach out but I was unsuccessful.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hugs: lana...sorry you are going through this horrible state of depression, have you sought any professional help? Are you on medications?
    I hope yesterday was just a once off and that today will be better.
  3. lanasummer

lanasummer Active Member

I am trying to seek professional help and advice on meds. But so far I have been unsuccessful. For right now, I am on my own.
    Yes, tomorrow is Wednesday, hopefully it better.I will be at work so that would help me stay preoccupied.
  4. GreySilence

GreySilence Well-Known Member

It certainly be hard to get out of bed in the morning, but in order to keep yourself from losing your mind, you've got to figure out a way to get up and do the things you had planned.
    If you can't break out of it, you'll continue being swept up in the downwards depressive spiral in your mind.

I think you need a change of pace to brighten up your life again! First off you should start by making sure your sleep habits are good, so you can wake up with enough energy to break out of a depressing morning. If you browse the internet before you sleep, you could use a program like "f.lux" that tones down your screen's settings to make it easier on the eyes in the mornings and evenings. It's important to get your body and mind into that night time feel, as it'll improve the quality of your sleep. You could also try winding down before you sleep by listening to some calming music or drinking a calming low-caffeine tea (hoji-cha is my recommendation).

If you've got something you're passionate about, make sure to spend time on it every day. A passion keeps you occupied, motivated, and excited. It can give you goals to pursue, and a reason to keep on going. If you don't have a passion, try to go out of your way to look for it; Try things you wouldn't have even thought about giving a shot before, you may find yourself surprised. I hear exercise takes some people's mind off of things, like going for morning jogs and the sort. It's not my thing, but I thought I'd suggest it anyway. They say it makes them feel good about themselves- more confident. If you're a kind and caring person, go out of your way to help people out! this not only is admirable, but can boost your self esteem too. When you're making a difference in the world, even a small difference, it makes a world of difference to a depressed mindset.

About not getting contacted today, I think you're looking into it too much. Even with good friends, sometimes they can just be occupied with something. You've got to try hard to stay positive about life though, because positive people are much easier to be friendly with, and it makes you want to contact them more.

Sorry if my advice didn't help at all, if you tell me more about your story, then I may be able to give you something more.
  5. lanasummer

lanasummer Active Member

Thank you so much. You have no idea what it means to me that you even replied. I appreciate the advice and help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.